Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Bow hunters survey

JNRBRONC

I was a little confused looking at the 2021 observation record sheet I got from the DNR. In the # of hours in the stand column, their printer skipped the period in the 3rd column of 4. I called DSM and they said to go ahead and add a dot in that third column if you hunt a half hour increment (my first sit was the cat abbreviated 0.5 hr hunt). Speaking with Tyler, he said I was the second call about this, so maybe others are wondering as well.

• Deleted by Sligh1
Show…
Do people count deer on the way to and from the stand or just what you see while sitting?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Do people count deer on the way to and from the stand or just what you see while sitting?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Instructions say to count on walk in, but not drive to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminder to get your surveys mailed back in, as the reporting period ends today.

Some quick numbers off mine: 23 hunts, 110 hours in the stand, 80 bucks "observed". Lots of those bucks were repeat sightings of yearlings as they milled around in and out of view during long hunts. Never saw the couple of deer I had hoped to and never drew my bow, but still enjoyed my season. I didn't have to gut, I didn't have to drag, and I won't have a taxi bill are the positives. And then the bucks I was after should be bigger next year if they survive.;)

Might be bow season split hunt or two in my future as I've never tagged a buck then.

Top Bottom