Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa DNR

Not legit? he had nr buddies poaching on his ground and a bs story of finding the buck in a ditch and finishing it off. They just can't prove it he's a liar and poacher. This is way different from the Franz buck which I don't agree with he dnr at all on that.

Farmer is lying.....who cuts the head off a deer to make it easier to drag out of a creek? That deer was poached!

As a law enforcement officer for thirty years I tend to trust the judgement of the officers investigating the case more so than I do of those who try to circumvent the law. The one thing that is not being considered is the human element and the investigative skills of the offices involved. I myself as a law enforcement officer was never lied too and I really believed every story I was told. I always figured everyone was legit and had no reason to lie. NOT! It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this whole story on the farmers point is a lie. To give credence to such a story on his part is absoulutely ridiculous. Most officers with any exsperience can smell a rotten fish and a rotten story. Bad criminals make bad liers and they can never get their stories straight. The DNR figured that out.
So as a consequence for his actions he should loose the antlers. Oh yea he goes to show them off and then leaves them with the non residents. Yeah right! Oh and he just happen to grab his bow and put it out of its misery vs a gun! un huh.
Oh yeah that's what I would do if one of my poaching friends just shot it with a bow and was planning on transporting it and or destroying the hide and all. Good job DNR.

Last edited:
The story in the article seems pretty fishy to me. Although I may not agree with the DNR 100% of the time I really hate d-bag hunters, so I have nothing but respect for CO's/LE and the tough job they have to do. There are way too many backwoods d-bag hunters who have no regard for property lines, no respect for their quarry and blatantly break the rules.

I disagree with some of the stuff with the Franz buck case, but I don't know all the facts. All I know is if you err on the side of caution, follow all the rules and give them no reason to be suspicious then you'll have nothing to worry about.

I sure wish the statute of limitations for game violations was longer than 1 year. The IBA supported legislation last year the would have increased the time plus made it from date of discovery. As I recall it died in the Senate.

Can someone please tell me where the confiscated antlers are stored after proper ajudication has taken place? Is there an inventory of these that would be the property of the citizens of Iowa.

Can someone please tell me where the confiscated antlers are stored after proper ajudication has taken place? Is there an inventory of these that would be the property of the citizens of Iowa.

I remember seeing some very nice racks at the Iowa DNR booth at the state fair one year. I am not sure if they still do that or not, but they used to.

Sounds like all the Iowa men knew the men were hunting illegally. Damn near as guilty and just as guilty if you allow it on your land. Plenty of text message evidence supporting the deer was not harvested legally. They should have taken more than the rack! Too bad there is a SOL on this.

What does the DNR do with confiscated bows, guns, traps etc etc etc?

The DNR has a auction every spring here in Des Moines. I have bought several guns there myself. The only guns they won't sell are handguns and blackguns (AR or Tactical). They do have bows, stands, traps.

As a law enforcement officer for thirty years I tend to trust the judgement of the officers investigating the case more so than I do of those who try to circumvent the law. The one thing that is not being considered is the human element and the investigative skills of the offices involved. I myself as a law enforcement officer was never lied too and I really believed every story I was told. I always figured everyone was legit and had no reason to lie. NOT! It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this whole story on the farmers point is a lie. To give credence to such a story on his part is absoulutely ridiculous. Most officers with any exsperience can smell a rotten fish and a rotten story. Bad criminals make bad liers and they can never get their stories straight. The DNR figured that out.
So as a consequence for his actions he should loose the antlers. Oh yea he goes to show them off and then leaves them with the non residents. Yeah right! Oh and he just happen to grab his bow and put it out of its misery vs a gun! un huh.
Oh yeah that's what I would do if one of my poaching friends just shot it with a bow and was planning on transporting it and or destroying the hide and all. Good job DNR.

Any questions? Very well put!

Top Bottom