Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Irony of 2 deer…..

Not very common but I've seen this difference in antler growth a few times over the years since I keep a couple cameras going all year.

I've heard that even when one drops real late, it doesn't affect his total inches later that year. Also, some bucks seem to be fully grown by late July, and others are still packing on the inches thru August. Crazy how they are so different.

I've also received pictures of several bucks still carrying both sides of their rack this past week - seems crazy late.

Seen a buck last week still carrying.
The buck I killed several years ago (8 years old) had about 10" of growth on April 10th.

I've heard that even when one drops real late, it doesn't affect his total inches later that year. Also, some bucks seem to be fully grown by late July, and others are still packing on the inches thru August. Crazy how they are so different.
This is what I was going to ask. I’ve often wondered if a buck has a chance to have a larger rack if he drops early vs late. Seems like in the above picture that the buck still holding wouldn’t have as much time to put on inches as the one that’s already started new growth. Sounds like you’ve read that that’s not the case. Anyone else read any studies on it?

Top Bottom