Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Keeping things in perspective

trper

Life Member
As we head into this new year and the coming hunting seasons we should all once in a while take a step back and put everything into perspective. As we discuss certain issues on this site that lead us to respond in a passoniate way we need to understand the whole picture on what real importance they play in our every day lives. It is very often in my job that I am humbled with what I have when I see some of the tragedys of life and how there lives have fallen apart. There are those that struggle and try hard to get ahead but there always seems to be an obstacle that they must overcome. I see myself with what I have and sometimes feel ashamed when I feel sorry for myself when things just are not going my way. There are many times I have layed my head on the pillow at night and thanked the good lord for my family and my health after dealing with some type of tragic event at work. Alot of the time some of us do not have anything to keep us in perspective and let issues that may effect us run our lives and control or thoughts. There has been an issue on this site recently that has been cause for some heated discussions at times. Although the issue is important I sometimes wonder if we put as much energy into other aspects of life that are really important, such as ones that could impact and change someone's life.
I'm sorry if I sound like I am preaching. I don't mean to. Given the quality of people that visit this site I feel most of you understand what I am trying to say. We can divide ourselves over issues that really in the picture of life are of little importance compared to the big picture. I think of the young men and women oversea's that are far from their families and in harms way, the child that goes to bed at night on an empty stomach, the wife that hides in fear as she waits for her abusive husband to return home from the bar. That to me puts the resident vs non resident issue somewhere near the bottom when I think of these types of things. Don't get me wrong I feel strongly about the issues at hand but I think I need to keep it in perspective when I come to thought of these other things. Life is to short. I love deer hunting with all my life but would give it up in a heartbeat if I knew it could change things for the better for some of those that I have mentioned. I know this in not going to happen. We are never going to agree on everything as some may not agree with what I have said hear. I am just trying to keep things in perspective. I hope you can understand where this post is coming from. I deal with alot of negativity on a daily basis and I am just trying to shed some light on what I feel are really important things. Sorry for the rambling. God bless.

busted.gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

trper

Thanks Shovelbuck for the comment.
I guess things change as you grow older and you come to realize the truly important things in life.

trper
busted.gif

Well said! We are all Americans here and are 99.9% on the same page. Like I said on the less friendly post when I was accused of being "rich", we are all "rich" if we have friends, family, faith in god, and all the other blessings we take for granted. Here is where the rubber meets the road.....Fight for your rights, and I will fight for mine, but remember, we may only exercise this priviledge because our men and women in the armed forces are putting it all on the line for us every day.

Top Bottom