Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kenosha salmon fishing

HorseDoctor

PMA Member
Anticipating booking a Lake Michigan trip out of Kenosha, WI. Haven't fished there in 15 years or so & the captain I used then has retired. If anyone has experiences (good or bad) that they would be willing to share about the charters out of there I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about Kenosha, but I am going this weekend to Waukegan for my first salmon fishing trip. Be sure to post up some pics when you take your voyage. I am really looking forward to it.

I did a charter out of Kenosha that was great! I caught a 21lb trophy brown trout and we limited out on Salmon (all 4 of us). It was an absolute blast and the crew was great. It was about 10 years ago but the same guy is captain and the charter is still going strong. I was on the "Albatross" boat in his fleet.

http://www.albatrossfishingcharters.us/

Early to mid July is the best time to go salmon fishing on the lake. It's should still be pretty good the next couple weeks as they are approaching their spawning patterns, but they'll probably be taking you closer to shore. The fish probably wouldn't be tasting as good if that's the case either. I think Kewaunee would probably be a little better than Kenosha, and you'd likely be getting a little better fishing. Also, there's a place there that'll smoke your fillets for a buck a piece. Sturgeon Bay is probably even better, since it's off the reef. I've got a guide that I can put you in touch with up there if you'd be interested. He can also put you on the largest muskies you've ever seen in just a couple short months, but we've all got other things on our minds come fall...

The fishing has been phenomenal this year, I am on the other side of Lake Michigan but we have been hammering the Kings. Seems to be a big run of 4 yr and older fish as we have been getting fish in the 18-25# range. If your going to go I would make it soon...the fish are getting ready to run up the rivers and spawn out. They have schooled up in the shallower water and the ones that have'nt will be heading there pretty soon.

Thanks for the info guys. Planning trip for next summer as some of the parties need to schedule ahead. Set to go with Albatross charters. Taking 12 yo nephew & niece on their first salmon trip. Should be a hoot. Off to Alaska myself in 3 weeks. Even if the fishing is slow it will be good to be cold & wet. Enough of this summer already!

The fishing has been phenomenal this year, I am on the other side of Lake Michigan but we have been hammering the Kings. Seems to be a big run of 4 yr and older fish as we have been getting fish in the 18-25# range. If your going to go I would make it soon...the fish are getting ready to run up the rivers and spawn out. They have schooled up in the shallower water and the ones that have'nt will be heading there pretty soon.

WUT?? I am going tomorrow morning, am I too late? :D

we've used confusion charters out of Winthrop Harbor, Ill for the last four years...never had any issues. We always go the last weekend in July. We destroyed them this year.

Figure out what type of fish you want and plan from there. We go late July for the BIG KINGS...if you want a limit of Coho, go in April/May.

If you charter, you'll catch fish...IT IS A BLAST:way:

we've used confusion charters out of Winthrop Harbor, Ill for the last four years...never had any issues. We always go the last weekend in July. We destroyed them this year.

Figure out what type of fish you want and plan from there. We go late July for the BIG KINGS...if you want a limit of Coho, go in April/May.

If you charter, you'll catch fish...IT IS A BLAST:way:
Saw the Confusion boats as we boarded Noble Charters out of Winthrop Harbor. Probably can't go too wrong, as I imagine the captains talk trying to get their clients on fish. :way:

Top Bottom