Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Killing Corner

Blaster

PMA Member
Well. I got Lane out of school early yesterday and we headed down south for an evening hunt. The weather was crappy but I knew that would get the birds out feeding. We went back to the spot we call the Killing Corner. We pulled into the field and there were already 20 birds up in the corner. So not knowing what to do I drove around the section once to clear my head and decide what to do. I decided that we would still go up there and set up. We pushed all the birds out of the field but I was not worried. It was only 3pm and I knew some birds would make there way back. After only sitting 10 min I called in 5 Jakes. Lane wanted to shot one but I told him to wait that the toms might not be too far behind. About an hour later I made some calls. The wind really picked up and it was misting now. That's when I saw movement and there were 2 toms heading right for us. They walked 20 yards from the blind and Lane put one on the ground! The Killing Corner lived up to it's name again! 24lbs 10in beard. Were heading back next week to see if my dad can make it 3for3 :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's awesome! Did you just walk straight at them to push them off the corner, or did you drive up there?

I see you got him some new turkey killin' boots this year!

That's awesome! Did you just walk straight at them to push them off the corner, or did you drive up there?

I see you got him some new turkey killin' boots this year!

Just walked right to them. They just ran to the timber. Then I started calling right away like I was a hen looking for the flock. A little key key run and the jakes came in right away.

Top Bottom