Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late season timber food plot

Sorry I'm probably posting this in the wrong forum but it wouldn't let me post in Habitat section. Ok I have a place I want to put a food plot in the timber for late season. Very minimal sunlight. I can get my little tractor to it to do tillage. What are your best suggestions? Thanks.

Food plots need sunlight, I would try clover where sun is limited, but I think you are swimming upstream and should not get your hopes too high.

Food plots need sunlight, I would try clover where sun is limited, but I think you are swimming upstream and should not get your hopes too high.
I know they need sunlight , I farm so I know how to raise crops. Only place I have in this spot doesn't get much sunlight so I was curious what people have tried. I will throw some clover and barassics out there see what happens.

Any chance to get some trees out of there on the South Southwest side? Get a little more sunlight to the plot?
Planting clover in August I don't think you would have a good stand until spring time.
I would do clover and winter rye not brassica.
Good luck

Top Bottom