Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lawsuits

Fishbonker

Life Member
It was brought to my attention today that there were a lot of lawsuits against crossbow manufactures for injuries suffered while using a crossbow.

If you are curious do a google search for "crossbow lawsuits" then do one for "archery lawsuits". Refine it by "archery injury lawsuits". Lots of lawyers getting rich from crossbow inflicted injuries, not so much for archery equipment. Just thought it was interesting.

I have heard of a few guys losing thumbs to crossbows. I also see guys driving arrows into their hand from arrows breaking when shooting bows. That is scary too!!

These anti crossbow guys are out in full force. Almost reminds me of the PETA group. And all the band wagons pushing to ban certain dog breeds. Let's just make everything illegal and then everyone will be happy Lmao.

These anti crossbow guys are out in full force. Almost reminds me of the PETA group. And all the band wagons pushing to ban certain dog breeds. Let's just make everything illegal and then everyone will be happy Lmao.

Yeah that's exactly the same!!
Roll eyes

Last edited:
Yeah that's exactly the same!!
Roll eyes

It is the same. You like your compound others like the crossbow. You like your labs we like our pitbulls. That's the problem here. We live in a world where we all have opinions and if we can bring in the money and support we will push for it. I don't see people complaining when dnr is out there buying up new land for public ground. But that is over looked.

Compound bows are more like shooting a gun.....and....pit bulls were bred to fight and be mean, by their very nature. I have no issues with either category, however you cannot compare them because they are both different in physical nature. Thus the different rules/laws pertaining to each...they are not the same.

I'm not worried about people using crossbows as if it takes away from the sport of archery. What I'm worried about is the younger kids that will be using them, which there will be plenty using them. You've got to be really carefully shooting to your right or left when in a treestand that you don't hit the tree with the limb. That's enough strength to almost through an adult from the treestand let alone a kid. That'll be something that the parents will have to be careful about, but I think it'll be great for the kids to archery hunt at younger ages.

Any weapon can be dangerous, of course. I had a shotgun explode in my face due to a defective shell. I've heard of ML's blowing up being double loaded. Guy putting arrow through hands (wasn't that a Scheel's photo from their test booth? I may be wrong?).
I was concerned with crossbow I bought for my nephew where I had to go over and over and over it with him cause I was freaked out he'd forget something and take his fingers off, I think it was mainly thumbs. Pre-loaded, I bet that's how many folks will go in the field and compared to an "unloaded bow", that obviously would make them more dangerous and thankfully I don't need to worry about taking off my thumbs with my bow. In any case, I'm more worried about falling out the tree but I do have a tether rope that I clamp onto now when I climb up.

Yes, I'll be honest, I think the sentiment against crossbows by me may be biased as I know we have a huge force of $ by the manufacturers & politicians coming to Iowa for greed and they could care less about our delicate resource. We could easily end this discussion now though.... Crossbows for the disabled, elderly, late ML season - DONE DEAL. The crossbow lobby & politicians will do anything they can to wedge this further in with more money to be made the further they wedge it in. We need to fight back the wedge to defend our resource & delicate system - it's hard because our desire is not fueled by $.

At a minimum, I'm not a fan of trial lawyers BUT at least trial lawyers can give crossbow companie's and their lobbyists a taste of their own medicine - going after the almighty dollar. And heck, if folks are being hurt in large #'s due to a dangerous design, I especially don't feel so bad for those crossbow pushing & pimping companies & lobbyists.

Lets just make everything easy, so EVERYBODY can play right? We are now living in the generation of "every kid gets a trophy".

Didn't you just make a post less than a month ago using the story with the death of a young girl during late muzzleloader season as a way to pimp your idea of ending party hunting?

Compound bows are more like shooting a gun.....and....pit bulls were bred to fight and be mean, by their very nature. I have no issues with either category, however you cannot compare them because they are both different in physical nature. Thus the different rules/laws pertaining to each...they are not the same.

Completely off subject here but,

Pit bulls were not bred to fight or be mean. The breed was around long before people fought them. Yes they can be aggressive and yes they are tough dogs but have a little information on the breed before making comments like that.

I've said it a million times on this sight alone since 2006, sportsmen will suppress and take more rights away from hunting than any animal rights group could ever dream of.

I just can't understand why so many are against crossbows. I do not use one and have no desire to but I'm not against them. To me it's the same argument as compound vs traditional, each have there own quirks. Using either of these three weapons does not automatically mean a person will make the shot when it counts if they can even handle potentially sitting hours on end to get that shot.

I just can't understand why so many are against crossbows. I do not use one and have no desire to but I'm not against them. To me it's the same argument as compound vs traditional, each have there own quirks. Using either of these three weapons does not automatically mean a person will make the shot when it counts if they can even handle potentially sitting hours on end to get that shot.

I'm not against crossbows. I'm against adding them and changing our archery season. For the reasons I've mentioned before, "40% increase in hunters during archery season" (stated by crossbow lobby in other states as selling point). We are crowded as it is with 5-7% timber, no one I know having easy access to bow hunting land as it sits. Access will be dramatically hurt and it's already bad. More pressure on bucks and far more killing of them.
Sure, the guys who don't learn the skills of a bow don't have to draw a bow... They will put the crosshairs of a scope on the animal and pull a trigger with a pre-loaded/cocked weapon - sure that puts a huge advantage over what I need to do to kill a deer and how many more I would have killed if I didn't have to draw bow, had a scope/crosshairs & aimed like a gun, pulled trigger, oh my would my wall be stacked with some mammoths I can recall that escaped the bow & arrow.
We have 6 deer seasons now. We have Sept 15 to Jan 10 hunting. We've seen what adding seasons does to our delicate deer herd. We have crossbows for disabled, elderly and during late ML season (like 3 weeks) - I mean, come on, I don't get where these pro-cross bow guys are coming from?!?! You can't understand "us", I can't understand "you". In the end, one group wants to change our system and seasons, one group wants to defend it. Which of the 2 groups has a huge financial special interest in this????

I would guess that the success rates would be much higher during the rut if everyone was allowed to use crossbows...this is what has ruined hunting for a lot of states that use guns. I'm not against them , just a little unsure of the ramifications.

Ps. Nanny, I didn't mean to offend you with my comments about pit bulls. However, the current american pit bull has most definitely been bred to fight and be aggressive. They are a "different" dog than the early 1900's dogs that were referred to as "Nanny dogs". I realize you can't judge every dog simply by their breed, but genetics does influence behavior.

Completely off subject here but,

Pit bulls were not bred to fight or be mean. The breed was around long before people fought them. Yes they can be aggressive and yes they are tough dogs but have a little information on the breed before making comments like that.

I've said it a million times on this sight alone since 2006, sportsmen will suppress and take more rights away from hunting than any animal rights group could ever dream of.

OFF TOPIC RESPONSE: Pit Bulls are devil dogs. Every pit bull owner is quick to defend them but I have had several run ins with the damn things. One of the neighbors dogs "bulldozed" his way through my chicken coop in Michigan and killed every one of them. My fiancés 5 lb dog was killed by a Pit in Florida. My sister-in-law was bit by one in North Caroline. None of these dogs were fighting dogs. They have a pre-disposition for this behavior. Terrible terrible dogs. That being said I don't think it's is the governments job to regulate their existence.

Top Bottom