Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

little crisp out this morn

turkeyriver

PMA Member
-6 degrees in the shade this morning but no wind. I'm going out and sit just so I can say I did. Guarantee it won't be a long hunt!!!

Hahaha I hear ya! My wife and I are drinking coffee and looking out the window. Its just so darn calm out I don't know if we could draw on a deer without it hearing it. This bitter cold makes every movement sooo loud.

Those "just so I can say I was out there" sits can be some of the best ones of the year.

Try get in as early as you can get in if you are worried about the noise..

I wish I was out there today.. It sounds like perfect conditions..

Though, If you change clothes at your hunting site.. that would be a wake up call...

It was supper noisy getting to the stand thus morning. Can't hardly move without making some kind of noise!!

Bucks are moving on these cold mornings. Had a giant on camera at 7:17 yesterday and saw two shooters this morning.

6:30 till 9 was all I could manage. Saw a lot of deer, but the big 10 I'm after stayed out in the neighbor's pasture with a doe. He's gonna run out of them soon I hope. My brassicas were full of does/fawns. How does a deer eat those frozen turnips? watched a couple old does pull one out and roll it around their mouth a few times.

I managed a couple hours this morning g before I had to get on to other things. Very rarely hunt Sunday mornings during to church but my family is just getting over influenza a so we didn't want to spread that around by going. Saw some decent movement, no shooters. It was bitter cold. I always change in the field but this morning I stayed in he vehicle and put my base layers on first.

It was pretty chilly stepping out of the truck this morning to get all my hunting clothes on. I sat from 630-1030. Spooked a few on the walk in crunching through the leaves and snow. Didn't see a thing from the stand. Every time I moved the stand sounded like it was about to crumble.

Did not see a single deer in East Central Iowa. Hanging in truck napping and listening to Packers game trying to decide where to sit thos evening. Took a drive around the area, still a lot of corn up. My buddies down in VB co. say they are going nuts on one farm and dead on the other.

I find it interesting that I have way more success seeing mature deer on days with a little wind as opposed to completely still days. Anyone else find this is true for them?

Hunted 5 hours, saw two young bucks and 5 does. The does were headed to bean stubble mid-morning to feed. Watched them eat for an hour, hoping a buck would see them and push them back into the timber under me, with him following. ;) Didn't happen. :(

The bucks were moving this morning. Just didn't have any in range. Been hunting the last 3 days in lee county and had the great encounters. Swirling winds botched them.

Hunted this evening and didn't see anything mature. Does were grouped up almost like it was late season. Saw a few other deer in the beans about 200 yards away. Couldn't tell if a buck was chasing or just young deer being stupid. Forgot binos in truck, was probably too cold to use anyways!

Hunted for three hours this afternoon. It was SO noisy getting to the stand. I jumped two separate does then had a shooter buck just standing, looking at me from 60 yards. His honey doe got up and left so he went with her. That was pretty much it.

Brian

I saw 26 deer this evening. 10 of them bucks ranging from yearlings to 3 year olds. They were all pounding the beans at first then moved into a cornfield. Very little chasing. Two quick buck fights. Does and bucks were mingling together. I have a feeling all the big boys were locked up with the last few hot does in my area. This was VB county. I managed to fill one of my doe tags. One more doe tag left then it's hurry up and wait for late muzzleloader season. I have a few different target bucks. Just need a little luck :)

Oh and p.s. - That was the most deer I have ever seen in a single hunt! Ironically I saw 26 deer and this is my 26th year bowhunting!

It was supper noisy getting to the stand thus morning. Can't hardly move without making some kind of noise!!

Yeah, Sunday's walk in was horrible. Crunchy snow with leaves that sounded like shattering glass underneath! No wonder I had a doe snorting upwind of me at about 250 yards! Should have just ran to my stand...maybe a big boy would have thought there was a chase on!

Top Bottom