Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Logan's last youth

Cooter

This my sons last youth season bird. He has filled his tag with nice toms the last four years.

The morning was a little rough with it being so cold but we powered through with a few gobbles but none wanted to play our game. Made a mid day move to another roosting spot. We were back in the blind at 5. Yelps were heard right after settling in. One single gobble a 6:30. He wanted me to do some calling but I said no lets just set and see what happens. I know they roost here no sense in my bad calling letting them know we are here ;). Had a otter swim up the creek didn't get to see it but heard it. Tried to convince him it was a Velociraptor. Swear it sounded like one.

At 7 I hear leaves crunching to the west of the blind...... no gobble, no strutting, straight to the jake to whip some tail. I whispered let him beat on the decoy abit.... he did.... one good spurring then boom :).

23# 3oz
Beard 10 1/4
L spur 1 1/4
R sput 1 1/4

Check out the video raw but fun :)
http://youtu.be/b4RsTMoflS4

Sent from my tab 2 using IW

Last edited:
Congrats to the both of you, you should be proud. Owen and I had a flock of 20+ birds (6 tom) about 80 yards from us yesterday morning but they wouldn't come into our setup.

Top Bottom