Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Long walk...

That's quite a bit more than your average walk-about!

On a related note (and not to take away from this cat's adventure), I've seen telemetry data on a female that went rim-to-rim (South to North) in the Grand Canyon in 4 hours (and there are limited crossings [i.e. 1 or 2 pedestrian bridges] of the Colorado River down in the canyon). For most people, a Rim-to-Rim is an all day hike.

pretty cool story
"Big cat sightings in a suburb of New York..." I never would have believed it either! hahaha

2009 Dunn Co. Wi.

1st Time posting on the forum.... Seems in 2009 that same critter spent some time around here. WI-DNR has DNA from a cut pad - blood left in a foot print in the snow.

"A cougar that was recently tracked in St. Croix County on December 16th, was later seen on a trail camera on December 19th in Dunn County. And on December 21st, DNR biologists found tracks and a recent deer carcass cache on a farm in Dunn County. Genetic testing has confirmed these two sightings are of the same individual. The Dunn County location is approximately 16 miles southeast of the area where tracks were seen on December 16th (see story below). Assuming this is the same cougar as the one coming out of the Twin Cities, it appears to be traveling to the ESE at 5-7 miles per day."

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/mammals/cougar/sightings.htm#2009

Pretty cool deal...

Top Bottom