Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making the perfect treestand

So with everyone thinking about treestands lately, I started thinking what would be the perfect treestand design be if I could make one. I like the cast platforms, mellennium seats.

Through out your ideas for any stands.

I think you have the right idea so far. For lone wolfs it would be a couple strap points on the inside for gear. Some hook points to store/secure my gear rope would be nice too.

I can't believe no one has made a reinforced plastic platform like a milk crate .. Lightweight is huge , foot rests and bow holder . Bracket or ability to strap it like a XOP

I can't believe no one has made a reinforced plastic platform like a milk crate .. Lightweight is huge , foot rests and bow holder . Bracket or ability to strap it like a XOP

I've thought long and hard about a plastic hang on stand. I think the strength/weight vs aluminum is a tough one to beat though.

Bow holder would be nice. Our old Myles Keller stand has one but it does not work for the newer parallel cams and short ATA bows. Lightweight is another must have.

I think the liability would be to great. Changes in the weather and UV break down would be issues. I think aluminum is going to be the way to go until some new material comes out that is not cost prohibitive.

I remember hunting out of an old loc on stand with a plastic platform. Horrendous noise popping during the cold months. Was light though.

I'd be afraid to use it in super cold conditions. Plastic like to crack. However, there are quite a few outdoor plastic mezzanines and walkways that look similar to this platform and they seem to hold up for about ten years.

Top Bottom