Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mature Buck?

KYWhitetail.

Young-Bone Collector
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Id say yes , my guess is hes 4 or 5. And even if he wasn't would you really be able to pass him lol? I passed a 160 3 or 4 year old last year and that was really tough. Hes a LOT bigger than 160!

One of my buddies is promising that he is only a 3 year old. Not great tine length but i will not be able to let him walk if he gives me the oppurtunity.

Kentucky its a very rare thing to get a deer like this due to all the hunting pressure and hunters who harvest young deer.

To me I would honestly put him at 4+ and a clear shooter. Just looking at that first picture he looks like a mature deer.

He is a special deer no doubt. Still looks like he could put on a few more inches as well and at that point he may be impossible to pass!

Good luck with him. Without knowing his exact age I would be hesitant in letting him walk. Would be a shame to pass him and see him go down hill next year.

I think once you get to mid August you can get a much closer guess to what he might score. He will score more than you think because of that spread and the length of those mainbeams. His beams will make up for the possible short(er) tines.

Those long split brows will help push the score up too. Id say he could still put a couple inches on his tines. Stud of a deer no matter what he scores.

Hard for me to guess his age. Your buddy could be right, but I would be deflating that guy no matter what. He is gonna be a hammer when he's hard horned.

I'm at 173 and change. But his 3's and 4s look like they still have a ball. Could be a couple more inches on him.

Awesome deer! Can't wait to see hard horn pics. In my opinion, he's NO older than 4. I would have initially said 3. But headgear like that, more specifically the junk, would typically indicate an older deer. Then again, I'm not used to seeing Kentucky deer. An older deer in IA would likely have more of a gut and would be more bulky in general. The smaller frame on this one is making me say he's young. Either way, whether he's 3 or 7 he's not one I would pass although you may be very happy in the next year or two if you do pass him.

Looks like a mature buck to me. Guessing Kentucky does not have as big as bodies as we do up north here. Looks like good mass and plenty of junk growing. Id say he should push gross in 180's to 190's depending on how much more tine length he puts on. Judging by dates on camera he has 15 days of growing left. Keep us updated on progress and Good Luck!

Top Bottom