Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mickey/Bunny Boots

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
Alright I've read that these boots are the bee's knees as far as warmth. Where does everyone get them? I don't have an army surplus store close and hate buying footwear without trying it on to make sure I get the right fit. Are they really that much better than a tradition pac book? (I don't have a quality pac book right now either )

I wish I knew what happened to my dad's pair that he got during a stop over in Anchorage on his way to/from Vietnam. I'd love to have a pair again. There is a surplus store with a bunch in stock down here in Flagstaff. Doesn't do you much good, but I'd be willing to ship them for you.

I have a pair from when I was in the service. They are just to warm for me. I usally just slip on my Boot Blankets or I wear my LaCrosse Ice Breakers.

Go to ebay. Have a bunch. Forecast for first shotgun is in the 40's which is too warm for those bad boys. A couple of years ago when temps were -2 and worse they worked awesome.

Alright I've read that these boots are the bee's knees as far as warmth. Where does everyone get them? I don't have an army surplus store close and hate buying footwear without trying it on to make sure I get the right fit. Are they really that much better than a tradition pac book? (I don't have a quality pac book right now either )

There is an army surplus store in downtown Waterloo called Robin's Surplus.

If you are up by Lansing there is a surplus store over in Wisconsin in DeSoto. They usually have them there. They cost a little more than getting them off of Sportmans Guide or Amazon, but you do not have to wait for them to ship.

Word of advice. Wear mid or light weight wool socks. This will let you feet breath and not become soaked. I also bought mine a size bigger to allow better circulation of air around my feet and blood to extremities. I hardly ever wear mine to or from a sit.

I just got a pair of these and was wondering. Do you guys run just the regular insoles in them or do you put a new sole in there like a felt sole or something?

I have a pair and the sizing is strange. Normally i wear a 13 or 14 Wide boot depending on the model and in the mickey boots I wear a size 12R.

They are warm as heck but I haven't worn them in a few years and it doesn't get cold enough it seems to really need them. I didn't really find them to be any more awkward than regular rubber boots. No traction on the bottom kind of stinks when it is muddy out walking up steep hills.

Top Bottom