Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota all rifles now?

JNRBRONC

From an article I was reading, it appears that Minnesota has done away with the shotgun zones, now allowing rifles state wide? The rationale (as I understood it) was that with the improvement of shotguns, they were glorified rifles anyways, so why not open the door?

From an article I was reading, it appears that Minnesota has done away with the shotgun zones, now allowing rifles state wide? The rationale (as I understood it) was that with the improvement of shotguns, they were glorified rifles anyways, so why not open the door?

We have tried to stop this, but our biggest political group is the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association. They are mainly gun hunters and have helped push this.

It’s the DNR and MDHA getting together. The DNR wants more deer dead due to CWD.

It will hurt southern MN no doubt. Not as much cover in that area-farm country.

Stupid, but the biggest problem is we have 29 days of gun season total. Mature Bucks are more 3, occasional 4 year old.

The big wooded/swamp areas still have a few monsters.

That sucks for those in MN

Seems like other states keep ruining their hunting which pushes more people to IA. Demand here goes up and we're getting closer and closer to joining those other states each year. The last good state left and it's going to be a battle to keep it this way.

That sucks for those in MN

Seems like other states keep ruining their hunting which pushes more people to IA. Demand here goes up and we're getting closer and closer to joining those other states each year. The last good state left and it's going to be a battle to keep it this way.

Minnesota could be similar to Iowa. Move the gun season back to late November and cut back on all seasons by 15-25%... It is wishful thinking, the gun guys rule in MN. They won't give up the rut, that is the biggest issue--guns during the peak of the rut.

Please no....but maybe the CV panic will make them push the bill to next year.

Last edited:
Where do I voice my support for this? You know, like residents of other states meddling with Iowa’s regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do I voice my support for this? You know, like residents of other states meddling with Iowa’s regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the MN Deer Hunters and tell them you support rifles. Do you own land in MN?

Minnesota could be similar to Iowa. Move the gun season back to late November and cut back on all seasons by 15-25%... It is wishful thinking, the gun guys rule in MN. They won't give up the rut, that is the biggest issue--guns during the peak of the rut.

Oh man, IA would get blown away by other states if other states had IA's regulations! I personally think MO would go crazy. Never been to IL but it used to be a all the talk growing up but that's not the case much any more.

One rule would change it all... late November or early December Gun season (dream) Minnesota would be great. Cutting back a few gun day’s might help as well. Mn has the one buck limit as well.

Southeast MN, and West Central MN would be premiere. It would rank right up there.

One rule would change it all... late November or early December Gun season (dream) Minnesota would be great. Cutting back a few gun day’s might help as well. Mn has the one buck limit as well.

Southeast MN, and West Central MN would be premiere. It would rank right up there.
They would only need to have a professional football team and MN would be an OK place to be.

• Deleted by JNRBRONC
Show…
Top Bottom