Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Missed" Opportunity

longspurs

I'm not looking for a whole lot of sympathy but I was hoping some of you could relate to my frustration. Today I blew the best chance I've had to fill my second archery tag. I got a bird gobbling shortly after 10:00 this morning and about 30 minutes later he was making his way across a picked cornfield to my setup. It took him forever to close the final gap, but after about 20 more minutes he edged in from 40 yards to a mere 16 yards ... here's where things go downhill
frown.gif
I drew back and let 'er fly managing to take feathers off the bird's back. I don't know if it was nerves or what but I blew it, BIG TIME! I guess the good part is I get to keep hunting but you only get so many opportunities. Hopefully I'll get another chance in the next week, but if not, I guess that's just hunting and I'll certainly remember that hunt for years to come. Good luck to everyone heading into the final week ... it seems like the birds are really starting to heat up!
-Longspurs-

Top Bottom