Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mobile ground hunting

Anyone out there doing mostly ground hunts? Wondering what people use for a blind to try to stay mobile without having to let a blind sit for a while to let the deer get used to it. Any other tips?

Good question. The ghost blind always intrigued me but I never tried one or know how easy it is to carry from spot to spot.

I have one of those small primos blinds that are designed for turkey hunting. Very light weight but with a bow would have to shoot over the top. With the high winds on Sunday I am planning to hunt from the ground, thinking about planning some cedar or honeysuckle to hide in.

I've hunted from the ground many many times with no blind with varying degrees of success. Having a ghillie suit certainly helps, otherwise try to position yourself either behind some brush or behind a tree where you can hopefully get a shot after the deer passes by. They can pick up movement at eye level super easily, so you have to be careful. It can be a ton of fun though being at eye level with those deer!

I went a couple days ago, brought a chair and some camo netting. Deer didn't think anything of it. Super mobile but you're kind of limited to where you can set up.

Top Bottom