Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moose in Iowa

bowtech150

Backstrap Assassin
Anyone else hear about the moose that is roaming around Stanwood and Tipton area in cedar county. Hope it brings friends!

I did not hear of that but I did see a sitka deer off I-80 in Iowa city a couple weeks ago. That was wierd.

Animals sometimes move south when they get a disease. I guess its caused by some sort of bug or parasite. I heard about this moose a while back.

Is this moose the same one that was spotted outside of Cedar Rapids a couple of months ago, does anyone know? If so, there are probably a couple of moose sheds out there in eastern Iowa somewhere!!!

My nephew sent me a picture the other day of the moose from Jones county. He claims a friend of a friend found one side but I haven't seen it. He's usually not one to tell stories, but I can't vouch for his friends. I think this is probably the same moose that was around cedar rapids in late November.

My cousin pulled over and filmed it yesterday. There was a dnr doing the same. The dnr said they have been tracking it in iowa for over 6 months. It is a bull, and they do not think theres anything wrong with him. Just traveled south. Pretty weird.

They were reporting last fall about the "brain worm" that was supposed to make them walk south until they die. I think that was just them trying to ensure nobody shot this thing during gun season.

My cousin pulled over and filmed it yesterday. There was a dnr doing the same. The dnr said they have been tracking it in iowa for over 6 months. It is a bull, and they do not think theres anything wrong with him. Just traveled south. Pretty weird.

Global warming. :D

Yea He was up here in North East Iowa awhile during corn harvest bouncing field to field. I am guessing he dropped his antlers somewhere and its the same moose. If he has lived this long I doubt he has the parasite in his brain that drives them crazy.

Why would you bet someone shoots him? They are Illegal to shoot and if you cant tell that it is not a deer let alone no seasons are even close to being open. You should not be hunting or have ever passed hunters safety course. About as bad as guy shooting albino Buck in southern Iowa

Why would you bet someone shoots him?

Because there seems to be no shortage of morons :D

Many years ago (maybe 1990ish??) there was one roaming around our area of northwest Iowa during the fall. He was spotted frequently, and my wife was even able to get a picture of him crossing a gravel road near our acreage. He made it a county or so south of here where he was shot and killed out of "self defense" because he was charging the guy. Upon investigation, the bullet hole was in his side…..

NWBuck

Because there seems to be no shortage of morons :D

Many years ago (maybe 1990ish??) there was one roaming around our area of northwest Iowa during the fall. He was spotted frequently, and my wife was even able to get a picture of him crossing a gravel road near our acreage. He made it a county or so south of here where he was shot and killed out of "self defense" because he was charging the guy. Upon investigation, the bullet hole was in his side…..

NWBuck

it is protected

Last edited:
Can someone please post the Iowa code that says a moose is a protected species?

Otherwise I'll be inclined to believe you are all talking out your arse.

Call the DNR... or call the guy in NW IA who shot one in the side out of "self defense" & see how that played out for him. They ARE PROTECTED in Iowa!!! If you really have to see it in print, go shoot this one & ask the judge to cite you the code... scheesh!!!! :confused:

Top Bottom