Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morel recipe

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
Alright guys the other recipe thread made me think to share this one with morel season finally kicking off.
What you'll need is
Cream cheese
Jalepenos
Bacon(cooked and then chopped into little pieces)
Shredded cheese
Corn flakes
Eggs
Morels (preferably big greys or yellows)
While the mushrooms are soaking mix one package of cream cheese, a handful of shredded cheese, the chopped bacon, and some chopped jalepeno.
After the mushrooms are rinsed, slice them in half starting at the stem going up to the tip. That way you have two equal little mushroom boats. Pat them dry and spoon some of the mixture into the mushroom so the cavity is filled. Then dip them into the egg wash and dredge them in the crushed up corn flakes. Then it's time to fry them up. I've found it easiest to cook the open side down first so that cooks before the cream cheese mixture gets too soft and runs out.
I tried this recipe for the first time last year and the end of my supply of mushrooms. I have recently found some other ones they the use a piping bag and fill the entire mushroom that I might try.
Hope you enjoy

Sounds good! Might have to try that this year. Could you use crushed up crackers or panko breading instead of the corn flakes? Just have those already in the cupboard.

Thanks for sharing.

FF

Yup. I'm sure they would work just fine. It's a pretty good way to change them up if you find a lot of morels. Some people don't like taking away for the mushrooms but if you get some thick, hearty yellows or greys this recipe is great

that sounds delicious- i will definitely try this! I like cooking morels in some butter and then grill a bacon cheese burger (venison of course since I am allergic to beef) once the burger is cooked- put a good amount of morels on the burger and then put a slab of cheddar or mozzarella cheese over that and top with thick slab bacon........great burger

We grill poppers quite a bit with jalapenos filled with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and real bacon bits. All the same ingredients minus the morels and frying. This will definitely be on my list of recipes to try!

I like to mix up crab meat and cream cheese and pipe them full whole (works best on 2-4" tall yellows IMO). It's awesome. I would think this recipe would be great that way as well. I'm going to have to give this one a go. Thanks for sharing.

I like to mix up crab meat and cream cheese and pipe them full whole (works best on 2-4" tall yellows IMO). It's awesome. I would think this recipe would be great that way as well. I'm going to have to give this one a go. Thanks for sharing.
Do you bread these also? These are the ones I want to try.

Top Bottom