Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader question

trper

Life Member
I just purchased a new T/C Encore for the late season. Are there any of you out there who shoot the same gun and if so what type of load and specific bullet weight has worked best for you as far as accuracy and distance? 180 grains vs 240?
Good hunting!

I think you made a good choice in the encore.I like mine but havent shot it enough to see what loads it likes.I do know it likes to be cleaned after every shot for best groups.

WE DO A HALF A DOZEN SHOOTS A YEAR--I THINK IF YOU STICK TO THE 240 GRAIN XTP YOU'LL BE VERY PLEASED. ALSO, YOU MAY WANT TO TRY THE POWER BELTS--WAY LESS BARREL FOWLING ON THE RANGE AND A GREAT FIT IN THE BARREL.. M350 OUT

I've had mine for several years. A 240 grain backed with 2 pyrodex pellets packs them in the bottom of a coke can at 100yds. I've never seen the need to shoot 3 pellets.....Enjoy!!

Ken, what are you doing buying a TC. Why didn't you purchase a Knight disc rifle. I have the .50, .45, and the TK2000 shotgun. I can hit dead nuts at 150 at 1" high at 100 with my .50. Have Dough Boy in the basement page me after next week and I will give you some more info. I will be out-of-state from the 25th thru 30th. So, get a hold of me the first week of Sept. If you are shooting the .50 cal., shoot the 250 grain Barnes Sabot with 3-50 grain Pyro pellets. Make sure and seat the bullet and pellets exactly the same each time and swab between each shot or you will be cleaning like a banshee if you don't. Take care. Full-Strut

Top Bottom