Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My favorite thing about deer hunting!!!

jesserichard

Well since I can't get back into the woods till after 2nd season i decided to make some deer jerky!!! I normally wait till the season is over and do it all in 1 shot, but i had a free weekend and wanted to try a new mix. How do you make your deer jerky?? Here is a link that shows how I like to do it. Enjoy it. I have been all day. I cant stop eating it!!!!!

http://trophypursuit.com/jesse/2012/12/09/venison-jerky-101/

Got to use Hi Mountain Jerky Seasonings! Made right in my home town of Riverton, WY. Best stuff on the market. Whole meat cut into about 1/4" strips and dehydrated in the oven. Can't beat it.

WYOWA said:
Got to use Hi Mountain Jerky Seasonings! Made right in my home town of Riverton, WY. Best stuff on the market. Whole meat cut into about 1/4" strips and dehydrated in the oven. Can't beat it.

Agreed. Best tasting stuff on the market. The Cracked Pepper 'n Garlic is the best flavor they have. Worth the ten bones it costs.

Yup, love the Hi Mtn kits and then slice the meat in thin strips. Hang it from the racks in the Brinkman smoker with toothpicks, dry over hickory wood. :way:

Yesterday was spent boning out a deer. I stopped by the local HyVee to buys some of the spice kit they use for their "hot Italian sausage". I'm going to grind up about 15 pounds of that.

Top Bottom