Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mystery Animal

2-bucks

PMA Member
These are obviously not a good pictures but have had me wondering since I got them in 2012. What the heck is this?

A couple people have suggested bobcat or mountain lion. This is in SE Iowa near the Cedar river. While the look of the ear makes me think feline, the camera lens is exactly 39" above the ground. This animal appears to be brushing he tree and almost touching he camera as it passes, so any "cat" that tall would be more like a tiger or African lion. Also, while I know there are occasional mountain lions in Iowa I think most sighting are mistaken identity.

Is it a doe/fawn at a funny angle? Stray dog? (still would be a huge dog with a head that high). I guess I'm left with going with chupacabra.

What do you guys think?

picture.php

picture.php

A pic from he same camera in exact same location. The camera is in a locked bear box lag bolted to the tree, so it has not moved elevation wise. The box is a little big for the camera, so it can move left and right a little, which you may notice in the photos.

picture.php

Based on the pic you posted, I'm guessing its a chameleon that has blended in perfectly with the brown IW wallpaper! :D

Sorry, I'll go sit in the corner now...

Okay I give up! I seriously laughed at the good reply's to my failed attempt at posting pics. However I will never try to share pics on this site again. I love the site and the people on here but my brain must malfunction in this site. I work on computer all day, have a degree in a technical background and post pics on multiple other sites without issue. I won't use Photobucket either cause I don't want need any more accounts.

I literally opened up the post on how to make a folder and add pics to a post in a second tab today and followed it what I think is exactly. If the web designer of this site ever makes an improvement to posting pics I will try again. Otherwise I guess I will just try to add to the site with comments and keep trail cam and harvest pics to myself. I have seen many others have issues posting pics too, so I am not alone. I have enough frustrations already and don't need my "fun" time on here adding to frustrations. Some others obviously have it figured out but I'm done trying.

I see the pics when I pull this post up. Sometimes I can see others pics on my home PC but not work or vice versa.

Sorry for the rant, I really like the site but the posting and viewing of pics really suck on here and regretfully that is most people's favorite part.

Chill out, I'm just as bad at this as you. Took me forever to figure it out as well. Ended up with a Photobucket account also. However its been so long since I posted a pic that I'm sure I will have to relearn it all over again when the time comes.

I personally like the way it is set up because it only takes about 30 seconds to post a picture from photobucket so that makes it easy enough for a lot of people to use. If they put it in an album on the site server,I generally cannot see the picture on my phone. If they host it on Photobucket, 99 percent of the time the pictures show up. the site is not very mobile friendly but the app only shows about a third of the pictures so I don't even use the app anymore.

Okay I give up! I seriously laughed at the good reply's to my failed attempt at posting pics. However I will never try to share pics on this site again. I love the site and the people on here but my brain must malfunction in this site. I work on computer all day, have a degree in a technical background and post pics on multiple other sites without issue. I won't use Photobucket either cause I don't want need any more accounts.

I literally opened up the post on how to make a folder and add pics to a post in a second tab today and followed it what I think is exactly. If the web designer of this site ever makes an improvement to posting pics I will try again. Otherwise I guess I will just try to add to the site with comments and keep trail cam and harvest pics to myself. I have seen many others have issues posting pics too, so I am not alone. I have enough frustrations already and don't need my "fun" time on here adding to frustrations. Some others obviously have it figured out but I'm done trying.

I see the pics when I pull this post up. Sometimes I can see others pics on my home PC but not work or vice versa.

Sorry for the rant, I really like the site but the posting and viewing of pics really suck on here and regretfully that is most people's favorite part.

You can thank the current image mod they are using for there handling of pictures. Vbulletin had a nice built in image program and someone screwed it up by adding a third party mod. I have ran a vbulletin website for 13 years and never once had the amount of problems with images being added or viewed. There was also a error with new members trying to register but that seems to have been fixed. Next best thing is to upgrade to xenforo as all the coders who built the best version of vbulletin 3.8.x are now the owners and coders on xenforo.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not for sure how guys struggle so much with posting pictures.

1.)Find a "free uploading" website (I use tinypic.com)

2.)select your file from your computer(upload/choose file)

3.)Literally copy and paste the URL from the site box that says IMG Code for forums & message boards to the forum your trying to post

If you succeeded when you are trying to post a picture you can click the button below that says GO ADVANCED. It will then show your post in an edit format and your picture will be posted in the box. If the picture isn't visible to you then when you post it, it won't be visible to us either.

Top Bottom