Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Broadhead

I read where guys were saying that they didn't get great penetration with them despite being a fixed blade. I think it was something to do with them (clogging) up with flesh or something.

gimmick

I have used Steelhead 125gr heads for the past 6 years. They have never failed to pass-through. Killed lots of deer with them.

However, I wanted to try a different head and tried the new Rage Hypodermics. Shot a 171 7/8 gross on my farm and head performed flawlessly. 1 shot, I kill...not enough to form database about, but I think it is well-designed head that fixes the Rage head issues in my opinion. Just my 2 cents!

Crap, forgot, I did shoot a giant 2nd year I was here with Slick Trick and I believe the head skipped on me and I lost that deer. However, it was killed on video about a mile away 2-3 weeks later by a well known hunter with a well known realty company. Good for him, it was a beautiful deer and he had spent a lot of time and effort chasing that deer. Actually, I think I would have felt a little guilty if I had killed it.

Last edited:
Most any arrow tipped with razor blades will kill a deer, passing thru the right places. Just about every head fails once in awhile, due to the fact deer are tough animals, and hunters, for many reasons did not cut enough vital areas.

Top Bottom