Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Clothes?

newfarmer

So I havent bought an ounce of new clothes in like 9 years for hunting and needless to say, my stuff is getting pretty wore out. My wife has Sitka, otherwise she would freeze. I am not sure I need anything "that" warm, but also not sure I dont if that makes sense.
I do not wear my "heavy" clothes in and out, they get carried on my pack, usually its just a light jean/sweatshirt on the walk in, then put everything on at the base of the tree. What other good clothes are out there? I dont know that I can justify the cost of Sitka, but if I use it 9+ years I can justify it obviously. My buddy said First Lite, but have zero experience with it. He said its light years ahead of his Kuiu clothes, and I hadnt heard of them either. So just kind of seeing I guess, what else is all out there that is good stuff?
Also- I do not want a heater body suit

I recently just purchased a set of bibs and jacket from Laurie at Grey Wolf Woolens. Very nice stuff and tailored to fit you specifically as well as your needs in a garment. When I ordered them she said lead time was 4-6weeks (more towards 4 weeks) and I think I had them on my doorstep in 2.5 weeks. Very quiet material and appears to be well made. The durability, comfort and quality I read about from others swayed me in this direction and I don't think I will regret this purchase. They also have a lifetime warranty on workmanship and if you rip the garment on say a wire fence they will fix it for you at a reasonable cost. I had a good experience with them so you may want to give them a call. FWIW I chose them over First Lite and Sitka due to my concerns of durability even though with discounts I could have bought those garments for less.

Price wise I picked up some Cabelas pre Bass pro back when they made quality stuff. Bought it off eBay for next to nothing with tags still on. Guess some guys wife thought he bought it and didn’t wear it sooooo he won’t miss it lol

I have first lite base layers their merino wool is very good. Then I have sitka for an outer layer. Wind stopper is a must IMO

Smart layering does a lot... Agree that a windstopper layer makes a big difference as well. Outer layer am using a Cabela's wooltimate jacket w/windstopper or their version of it anyway. I like bibs over pants. I have the Cabela's Berber fleece bibs with windstopper. Got them before bass pro and got great sales on them.

Top Bottom