Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New muzzle loader

I was using one made by TC that was a clear tube and you set the brass plunger looking thing to what ever you wanted, load the powder and then twisted the funnel top back into place which leveled the tube off. It seemed pretty accurate, although for $20 bought a scale at Cabelas and been weighing mine for several years. If you do choose to use weight versus volume, you take the volume you want to use and times by .7 and this will give you the weight. 120gr by volume is 84gr by weight.

Last edited:
You said that you ordered the BH 209 Breech plug, you will need an 1/8 th inch drill bit to clean the carbon out of the plug in front of the primer, do it after 8 or 10 shots, use your fingers with the drill bit.
Also for the other ML shooters, if you are getting blow by on your primers, they have O Rings that will fit in your primer pocket that will help to take care of the problem.
here is the web site. http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k611/=rgsfbp

One more dumb question, Barnes bullets recommends there aligner for the rod.... is this a must or a sales pitch?

The barnes could get stuck in the end of the ramrod. Thats why certain bullet companies have their own loading jag, it fits the nose of the bullet.

Can someone please give me a complete run down on how to clean a muzzleloader, particularly a accura v2 with nitride barrel? Sorry no more dumb questions!

Can someone please give me a complete run down on how to clean a muzzleloader, particularly a accura v2 with nitride barrel? Sorry no more dumb questions!

I always run a bore snake through mine twice and then start the normal cleaning process. saves a lot of time. after that just use your ramrod with some patches and solvent followed by some dry patches.

I always run a bore snake through mine twice and then start the normal cleaning process. saves a lot of time. after that just use your ramrod with some patches and solvent followed by some dry patches.

Is there a need to put some protectant on it after its clean of solvent? Bore butter or oil ? I feel like the blackhorn would stick to it.

I do as nontyp says. I run a few dry patches. Then run some solvent through it. Then more dry patches and then I make sure it is air dry. That is it.

I usually put a rag with gun oil on it through the barrel once I'm done cleaning and it's dry. May not be necessary, but I don't want to take any chances with rust.

I don't. I just try to end with a clean dry barrel. I am not an expert by any means but this is what I always do and my barrel is in great condition. I have never had a hang fire or miss fire. I would think putting any kind of oil in the barrel and then loading powder would be a bad idea. I do fire 3-4 caps through my gun before loading it for hunting. Just to burn off any cleaning residue and slightly foul the barrel. Like i said, not an expert but I have a lot of experience and this has worked well for me.

Top Bottom