Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New truck registration costs?!?!

McSheddin

Hey everyone, I'm sure most of you are truck experts and I thought I could get a quick reply here tonight. ;)
I was hoping I could get some expert input on costs of purchasing a new (to me) truck. I've got a 2013 F-150 all picked out. The Iowa DOT website fee calculator shows an annual registration fee of like $376, which is what I had expected. But then it shows a "Fee For New Reg - Reg Veh" fee of $1,325!!! Can any of you explain that fee? This truck had previously been registered in Iowa and I am replacing an older SUV that I've had registered here for years. This is kind of blind-siding me so I'm wondering if I have my wires crossed. I would call my county treasurer's office in the morning, but I am planning on being in a tree all day long.
Thanks

Are you purchasing through a dealer in WI? When I bought my truck new, I had to pay the WI tax and then the dealer had to cut me a check for it back. I think I am remembering this right. It was a PIA.

Top Bottom