Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

October cold front is upon us

I'll be hunting the next couple days. I'm hoping for similar movement as we had for that cold front that pushed through in the end of September.

A guy at work commented that his son texted him that he had one down this morning, no mention of whether it was a buck or a doe. The comment was that "he has more tags".

I talked to a guy who shot a big deer Friday night. He guessed it in the 170s and based on the pic I saw I'd agree. I also was able to tag my best buck that AM. I've never shot a buck this early but I knew the cold front tipped the odds. Good luck everyone.

I talked to a guy who shot a big deer Friday night. He guessed it in the 170s and based on the pic I saw I'd agree. I also was able to tag my best buck that AM. I've never shot a buck this early but I knew the cold front tipped the odds. Good luck everyone.
Whoa wait a minute! There’s a rule on IW that if a member posts they shot a deer that pics are required :)
Congrats on your buck and we’d like to see him

No movement Fri or Sat AM for me. Camped this weekend with the family too though, so didn't sit in the stand past 8:30.

Whoa wait a minute! There’s a rule on IW that if a member posts they shot a deer that pics are required :)

Here you go. I chose a pic without my ugly mug so I didn't take away from the deer. More of a radio face.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-221014_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009-221014_Gallery.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 66
Was able to be out all weekend- saw a ton of deer and most of the time it was in the clover fields. Acorns are still the hot spot at our place but the frosty morning made for good eating in the clover. Saw one shooter buck come busting into the field with his head straight on a mission checking scrapes. The young bucks are following the does at a fair distance.

Saw more turkey (young ones included) than I recall in the past 10 years or so, which made me very happy.

Can't wait until after this warm up- things will be happening fast. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Scrapes are going on the past few days and starting to see more daylight buck pics. Cold front coming in right now in Pa, should be a great evening hunt. Back of house on the 15th, huge scrape too that is fresh.
DSCF0005.JPG

Work and family responsibilities have me stuck at home this week. With the temps well below freezing lately, I figured we'd be seeing a lot more harvest pics, even though it is early yet. If it stays this cool for the next couple of weeks, the tail end of October should be slammin good.

Top Bottom