Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Organizing pics

Copenhagen Tob

PMA Member
With all these great deals on new tablets, laptop's. What is the best way to transfer and keep these pics, sorry I'm not very sharp on computer technology. As of now I look at pics with a digital camera or an old laptop, then I just save the sd card. I've got a 150 cards cards only 5 cameras, there has to be a better way , any suggestions

I use USB flash drives for storage. My laptop has an SD slot & USB slots. Just open the SD card folder, the flash drive folder, view pics, drag & drop which ones I want to keep, then delete all from SD card & format SD card to default format. I set up folders on the flash drive for each camera & then sub folders for location & date range. I also have a separate folder for 1-2 pics of each buck for each year so I don’t have to go thru all of the sub folders to remember bucks I have.

I almost posted this the other day.....sonewh so related. If I could get the ear of trail cam manufacturers I would strongly suggest the cameras create imsge files with unique file names. Would be super easy to do. Very often when saving pics I have to rename certain image files first to avoid duplication. It's pretty annoying.

I almost posted this the other day.....sonewh so related. If I could get the ear of trail cam manufacturers I would strongly suggest the cameras create imsge files with unique file names. Would be super easy to do. Very often when saving pics I have to rename certain image files first to avoid duplication. It's pretty annoying.
True. I run into that in my bucks folder. But my other folders by location & date are ok.

Why not just download the pics onto the laptop ? Your d drive would probably have plenty of room.
Otherwise you can get a card reader for your phone and just screen shot the ones you want to keep. Let Google store them for you in Google photos
I'm sure you have someone in your family that understands all this stuff. Let them help you out.

Top Bottom