Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land

pghbowhunter

I waited 5 years to get back out to Iowa to the place I love hunt. I had a great time hunting on Public Land. I saw a lots of 2 year old's and 3 year old's. On a all day sit I saw 16 different buck no shooters but a lot of up-and-comers. I had this buck at 50 yards I had no clear shot and didn't feel comfortable trying to squeeze and arrow through the little openings I had. This is my best buck I seen in 7 day's hunting. I just wanted to share, and there are still some studs on Public land.

Attachments

• iowa buck.jpg
    iowa buck.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 119
Nice one! Your 2020 NR hunt sounds almost exactly like my 2019 NR hunt. Lot's of nice up-and-comers, just not "the one"
I'll be back!

What zone were you in that it took 5 years?

I've hunted zone 5 , 4 times. In 05 it took 1 point. Then I went again in 2010, which took 5 years only because I waited. Then in 2014 which took 3 points. And again in 2018 which took 3 points.

What zone were you in that it took 5 years?

I've hunted zone 5 , 4 times. In 05 it took 1 point. Then I went again in 2010, which took 5 years only because I waited. Then in 2014 which took 3 points. And again in 2018 which took 3 points.
ZONE 5 You are lucky I should have you pick my Powerball numbers. My first year took me 3 points 2nd time 4 points and this time took 5 points. It would be great to only take 3 points.

Wow!!! That’s a giant for private let alone public. Well done on not taking iffy shot. Doubt he’ll be there for u in 5 more years ;) but hope it’s still that great when u return!

Top Bottom