Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quess the score i know the answer!

I was thinking two different deer as well! One has a split on the right side it look like. Tough to tell though! I figured the top buck at just over a dollar 40!

I think they are the same deer.... Top looks like an eight at a glance, but look closer and I think the G-4's are lined up perfectly with the 3's.

136 5/8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigTypical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they are the same deer.... Top looks like an eight at a glance, but look closer and I think the G-4's are lined up perfectly with the 3's.

136 5/8

</div></div>

I agree, same deer from the same series of pics.

Nice buck, score 138 even.

I assure you both pictures are of the same deer. The pictures are taken i minute apart. The G4's just line up and are hard to see in the face on pic. I will post the answer and the story behind the harvest on sunday eve.

OK....i think everyone has waited long enough. I did not specify gross or net score on my initial post so we have two winners. The actual Gross score is 130 1/8th with 1 3/8 in deductions for a final Net score of 128 6/8ths. So congrats to hillrunner with a guess of 130 for gross score and congrats to LIV4RUT with a guess of 129 for net score!
I too was like alot of the other guesses on here and with a little wishfull thinking my guess was 148. The harvest happened on oct 31 my favorite day to be in the woods. I always take Halloween off as it is the day i shot my best deer to date. My vacation started the 28th and went through the 14th of November with a couple more days of the next week also.. So with that being said i was only 4 days into my vacation on a very warm afternoon hunt almost falling asleep in my stand, when at a distance i see moment. I quickly was on full alert and through up my binos to get a better look. I could tell it was a nice buck right away. He was slowly walking a trail that led right by my stand. At about 80 yards or so through the binos i recognized the deer to be the best one i had on trail cam this year on that particular farm. His right brow tine has a distinctive curve to it and was enough for me to go into shooter mode. I put down the binos and reached for my bow. Once i decide a deer is a shooter i do everything i can not to look at his rack. I knew the deer and had put him form my trail cam pics in the upper 140's and was excited to say the least. As the deer cam down the trail i concentrated on the lead shoulder made a soft grunting noise he stopped perfectly and i let my arrow fly. I knew it was a lethal hit if anything a little low. So i txt one of my buddies i knew who was also out hunting and let the hour wait begin. During this wait a couple does decided they wanted to walk down the same path and after a little convincing i would not mix up two blood trails i decided to fling another arrow! I must have been a little worked up from the buck yet and ended up spin shooting the lead doe. I could not have been happier.. No worries about mixing up her blood trail. I climbed down put a finishing shot on the doe and began the search for my buck. It was starting to get dark and hard to follow blood by this time so i backed out rounded up a couple friends and came back with plenty of lights and my truck to haul them out with. I was a little disappointed when we first found him knowing immediately i had guessed him high from the pics. None the less it was the deer i was after and made a good shot and found him. It was my first double that included a buck so i was a happy camper... It’s the second buck i have shot on Halloween and with the doe he suddenly earned the name "Double Buck"
IMG_14549999.jpg

I hate to disagree but I still think he scores better than that dude. I would like to see him in person and measure him myself, not calling you out but I think he's better than that. Someone measure him wrong?

Top Bottom