Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Racks-N-Tracks Taxidermy, Knoxville IA

Obsessed

I've seen an add on FaceBook from this father and son taxidermist team out of Knoxville, IA (Racks-N-Tracks), offering a full shoulder mount deer for $425. Their pictures posted on FB look like they do pretty good quality, but their Website address isn't active.

Has anyone done business with these guys in the past, and if so, what was your experience?

What all do they do, and what are their prices? Deer shoulder mounts and beetle cleaning for euro mounts is about all I'm interested in at this time.

Thanks, Obsessed

I am not familiar with them, but have brought a deer to Ty Dunkin with Dunkin Taxidermy also out of Knoxville and he does fantastic work (shoulder mount). He has a Facebook page with tons of pictures of his work.

Jeremy is a good guy. His service on my mount was great as it was a high maintenance type situation. He's not blowing smoke on his pricing either.

Jeremy is a good guy. His service on my mount was great as it was a high maintenance type situation. He's not blowing smoke on his pricing either.

Thanks. How's the quality of his work? I haven't seen any in person, just pics on FB.

Might be worth a visit to his shop. Most will have a few examples of their work and lots of pictures. Inexpensive taxidermy makes me nervous. Could be a great deal or it might just be “cheap”. Probably best to judge for yourself.

In my opinion, he's cheap b/c he's new. Sounded like he's tinkered around for a long time but just started doing it as a career in the last year or two. The deer I had him do was needing some serious work and going anywhere else would cost an arm and a leg for what I wanted. He was willing to tackle the project and I think it turned out very nice. As advised though go ahead and check him out and gather your own opinions :)

Top Bottom