Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain?

hillrunner

PMA Member
Radar looked like some decent storms rolled over the central part of the state last night. Anyone catch any of that?
Still bone dry and hot here, lawns are turning brown.

Looked promising for awhile, but it all broke up and went around me. We've been watering the garden, and new trees daily for a couple weeks now.

Major drought in the counties to my north. (Western MN)They missed the last rain. Lake levels are down a foot in some areas, crops are fried.

.75”!!!!! I’ll take it!!! :). Still need more. If these monkeys they call meteorologists are right - we have good news ahead. Need it so bad!!!

Where is the Loneranger's weather reports?
I will say this, as LR's often parched land and my land are fairly close to one another...the tables seem to be turned this year. Our area is not in the official drought zone and up until late May, it was actually too wet to plant, etc. Now, things have dried out since then and we could definitely use a good rain, or two, but we are in far better shape than much of the rest of the state and other areas/states as well.

I will say this, as LR's often parched land and my land are fairly close to one another...the tables seem to be turned this year. Our area is not in the official drought zone and up until late May, it was actually too wet to plant, etc. Now, things have dried out since then and we could definitely use a good rain, or two, but we are in far better shape than much of the rest of the state and other areas/states as well.
I drove by LR’s farm last week. Looks EXACTLY the same every time I go by.
12F4B2CB-B721-4704-8546-DE0152775619.jpeg

As we all know…. I’ll reiterate one fact we cannot avoid……. In next 10 years…. There’s gonna be some years we all will say “please stop raining!!!!!! Major problems!!!!!” …. All the way to “oh my gosh, hasn’t rained in 2 months!!!!!” The only thing certain on iowa weather is most years have some sort of challenges. It’s an exception to have “ideal growing conditions all season”. Be prepared for all scenarios!!!

We at maybe 6” in last 3-4 days. + a tornado!!!! No one hurt.
agree on above …. Goes from drought to “too much” almost so fast. Glad for folks getting rain. I’m in nw iowa right now & it’s not good. Way worse than by Des Moines. Lot of folks needing rain critically bad. My wife’s side is prepping for some crop failures.

Top Bottom