Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reconyx Microfire - Take My Money Please

I guess I don't understand ? Is this a cell phone camera ? What makes it different than other camera other than its round and you can control it from your phone ?

I guess I don't understand ? Is this a cell phone camera ? What makes it different than other camera other than its round and you can control it from your phone ?

It's a wifi camera, not a cellular. So it could potentially be run from a router and a much cheaper internet service.

You can get Spartan go cams directly from Verizon's website and add them to your plan for$5 a month

It's a wifi camera, not a cellular. So it could potentially be run from a router and a much cheaper internet service.

Isnt wifi range only like 100 feet at best ? Do you have routers strung out in the woods or how does this work ? Do the Spartan Go Cams use data or messaging service ?

I think this cam connects to your phone or other mobile device. (wifi).
Not sure it would work if your phone doesn't have service.

I suspect you simply turn on mobile hotspot when you are within 100 feet to set up a wireless connection from your phone to the camera. From there you could download pics and change settings. If you could drive close enough to it say from your pickup you wouldn't have to get out of truck to check cam leaving less scent. It would not be able to send pics through wifi out in the field to your house as there would be no connection. I think the wifi function is purely for checking the cam and changing settings.

So you have to be within 40 yards probably and then stand there for 20 minutes while you try and download 2000 pics on your phone. I hope you have a phone that stores a lot . I don't know of anyone who wouldn't walk the extra 40 yards and pull out the sd card in 10 seconds. And it really doesn't matter at all unless you have the camera hung in the tree your hunting from which I don't know who does that .

I would think it would be sweet. Not having to walk over to pull your card. Just climb up and sit and wait for it to download. If it really works right. I have cams near my stands often

Top Bottom