Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Action/Movement Reports

Muskrat24

Seems like there is normally a thread about this every year and don’t see one started yet this year. I’m up a little early but will be headed out for first time this year in couple hours other than taking our son out for Iowa Youth earlier. What is everyone seeing?

Start vacation tomorrow. Will also be my first time out. Torn meniscus in my left knee is limiting my stand locations this year and not really happy about the temps next week, but it is what it is. Better than working for sure.

Haven’t been able to get out yet myself, but the last couple of days have been really good from what I’m hearing from friends and what I’m seeing on trail cam. Know of quite a few huge mature bucks being shot. They’re starting to cruise a bit during daylight

Been out for about a 1.5 hours after work each day this week so far beside Monday. Hunting in an urban hunt. Tuesday just before dark a doe moved through the timber and 4 bucks were shadowing her. Not chasing at all, but watching. A dink, two 2.5 or 3.5's, and a giant. Wednesday I saw one doe, and last evening I got skunked.

I haven't hunted yet. Driving gravel roads as the sun sets, I've seen yearling bucks cruising. Plan to hit it hard starting Nov. 5. Historically on trail cams, Nov 7-11 seems to have big boys on their feet during the day. We'll see.

Bucks are starting to hit scraped good now.
Temps above normal which seems to suppress daytime movements.

We had some good pictures show up last night and this morning already of bucks on the move hitting scrapes. It was pretty slow the past week but they seem to be getting antsy now. The does in the pics are on high alert so I'm sure they're feeling the pressure mount. This weekend will be a couple all day sits for me. Good luck fellas.

Out and about alot for work and spending the nights scouting from a distance. Have seen a few big bucks with the early hot does acting like it is November 7th. Also had a day walker yesterday afternoon on camera that was a borderline shooter. It's about go time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Saw bucks 5 tonight. 2 younger sparred for 10 minutes. Almost got a shot at a very mature 10. Fun hunt.

This morning was a bust! Moved 30 miles for the afternoon hunt and just does. I did have a yearling around my stand all afternoon

I have two target bucks this year. One of them visited scrape two days ago in daylight. The other visited a scrape 4x the past week all at night. Wrong winds for me to hunt them this weekend!

Normal late Oct morning today. Spike wandering around. Tempting 2 or 3yr old following a doe with fawns. 1 single fawn possibly run off from mama.

Update...got home and looked over my CuddyLink card pull. Had a shooter pic at 9am. Of course it was in front of the other stand I was debating going to this morning but didn't. He was there in daylight yesterday evening too. Guess I know where I'm headed this afternoon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom