Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Action/Movement Reports

I’m sneaking out early and late, no deer. I’m at a loss. This summer like weather sucks. Over the years I’ve placed stands for mostly north and west winds. Maybe I’m old but I we can’t get a wind other than south. In a few days an east wind is forecast. What? That does work for one of my best stands but it’s odd.

My son checked trail cams this morning and the highlight is this old guy is back. He is at least 8, possibly 9. Giant body, very modest rack...but 8 years old is 8 years old. I would be very happy to catch up with him here in the next few days.

Attachments

• 2022 Hulk.jpg
    2022 Hulk.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 49
Checked cams and there were only a couple dinks, button buck and doe fawns the past 6 days. Mature buck must be locked on doe.

Just arrived at our farm a few minutes ago. Deer up on their feet many places, I suspect guys that are out tonight will have good sits. Even though it is still warmer than I would prefer, we have probably dropped 15-20 degrees today, which is also very good.

Seen my #1 an hour before dark, fed through the plots, too far away from me, 20 min later from opposite direction came a 150 class wandering by, 7 doe were feeding until the first buck appeared, they skidattled upon his arrival, and never came back

Corn came out yesterday afternoon into the evening. Fresh cut corn usually sees good action. Hope to be out when the rain eases a bit.

On my ride to the stand this morning deer were everywhere it seemed like. Had to go slow so not to play deer hockey!
Two different mature buck on does. The one I had to stop the truck on a corner cause he didn’t care about the truck and let him go by. Should be a fun and exciting day

Seen a mature 8 dogging a doe at 745 a 1.5 yr old cruising, some doe feeding , only gonna get better as the rain subsides and the bar pressure keeps rising after this front. I predict there's gonna be some knives getting dulled Get you're taxidermist on speed dial and good luck to all

Seen a mature 8 dogging a doe at 745 a 1.5 yr old cruising, some doe feeding , only gonna get better as the rain subsides and the bar pressure keeps rising after this front. I predict there's gonna be some knives getting dulled Get you're taxidermist on speed dial and good luck to all
Pretty much this. Was out this AM and saw no less than 7 bucks. All were actively searching. Had to get down at 930 as I didn't dress as warm as I should have :( Of the above 7 bucks none of them were over 3 Years of age. Only a matter of hours before that changes.

Same. 5 bucks. Best we’re two 3 year olds. I’m still here. Soaked. Gonna dry out soon and hopefully back out

haven’t seen a buck on our farm in 2 days. Not even a Dink. Looks like the morning of the 3rd everyone walked through between 8-10 am. Not a buck on camera after the 3rd, so I’m guessing Monday morning will be fire for me

Top Bottom