Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

safety reminder to you all

grizhawkins

To all you fellow white tail members, I'm writing this thread not for sympathy but as a reminder for u all to be safe and take the necessary precautions when moving or placing trees stands. Saturday I wanted to put up a quick stand before an evening hunt. Normally I don't use pegs, but its what I had at the time. I took my 7 year old daughter along just in case something would happen. Sure enough, something did. I was up about 15-20 feet when the limb I was standing on broke and I fell. I was very fortunate and a terrible situation. I fractured my L1 and L2 vertebrae. It was the most pain I've ever been in, in my life. If I hadn't taken my daughter as a stand by, who knows how long I would have been in the timber and how long before someone found me. I left my phone in the truck and she was there to get it and call my sister who is a doctor at the university. So again, to everyone, please be safe, always have someone as a stand by and let someone know where your at. Best of luck to you all

Griz

Went to hang a stand tonight and lost balance and fell but I was only 4 or 5 feet up at the time and I fell right on my rump. My buddie with couldn't quit laughing....I got up walked back to the truck and grabbed a harness and made him do it, my butt was killing me.

Top Bottom