Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Blocker or Scent Lok which one?

fatmandown

I need some help here, I need new outfit for bowhunting but I don't know which one is better, Scent Blocker or Scent-Lok.

Do a search on here and you'll find out how much snake oil is used in making the carbon suites.

it all comes down to personal perference..... some people love them and some think their worthless. i personally wear nothing but scent blocker, it fits me great and it very comfortable and keeps me warm when needed. im a big guy so the scentlok did seem to fit nearly as well as the scent blocker does

[ QUOTE ]
Do a search on here and you'll find out how much snake oil is used in making the carbon suites.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you can't just forget the wind and hunt?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i personally wear nothing but scent blocker

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!!

Come on Donnie just buy the Dream Season Suit and be done with it!!!

Some studies say that scent control are worthless.
Who knows. It is probably just confidence to me.
grin.gif
grin.gif

I've used Supprescent and Scent Lok, been winded with both. I now just play the wind, if I don't have a stand for a certain wind... I find a new place to hunt so I can! Adding a lone wolf stand to my arsenal also allows me to tweak stand locations according to wind.

I'd bet that either one you buy will work just fine, especially since they're the same thing for the most part.

What cracks me up is when they put scentloc in a pair of fricken boots and charge a guy an additional $20 for it. How in the hell do you reactivate a boot in a dryer?

the main 2 reason i wear scent blocker is because it fits me great and its comfortable.... im not to sure about the whole cover up your scent stuff but my feeling about it is, if it helps 1% more than before i wore it then im going to wear it....

[ QUOTE ]
What cracks me up is when they put scentloc in a pair of fricken boots and charge a guy an additional $20 for it. How in the hell do you reactivate a boot in a dryer?

[/ QUOTE ]

doah.gif
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You guys that wear these suites notice the chemical odor they have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, which is why last year I completely stopped using scent suppressing clothing. I kept my stuff clean, kept myself clean, and played the wind methodically. Not sure if it's coincidence or not but I managed to shoot 10 does with my bow (new personal best) and my best buck ever all in the same season. Wish I could say I saved money by not using scent suppressing clothes... that Gray Wolf Woolen bill was BIG BIG BIG!!

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I just use scent blocker sprays. I've never used a Scentlok or Scentshield suit. I just shower with unscented dawn dish soap the night before and then spray down with fresh earth spray in the morning. We never wash our clothes in anything other than unscented tide and I haven't been winded in a long time. Knock on wood...

[ QUOTE ]
I was gonna say which stand did you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sold my Alpha and got the Assault last year. Little smaller platform but I REALLY like that stand now that I'm used to it.
offtopic.gif
busted.gif
waytogo.gif

I would save your money on those scent control suits. The deer will still smell you with them on.

I just wash my clothes in scent free detergent and keep them in a rubbermaid container. I spray them down with scent killer every time I wear them. I also use scent free soap in the shower.

Paying attention to the wind direction is going to get you more deer than any of those suits will.

Top Bottom