Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Seed coating impacts on wildlife/environment

Very informative & very well worth the listen!!! I’m gonna dig deeper into the seed treatments I use & make some adjustments.

Very few (if any) food plot seeds use insecticide coatings. Concern strictly in a commercial ag setting.

Very few (if any) food plot seeds use insecticide coatings. Concern strictly in a commercial ag setting.
When I used to have food plots, they got planted with leftover seed from our commercial ag operation. Lots of folks get seed from the local dealer who might get a partial bag back from a customer.

I agree that most of the impact is via ag but for those people that grow corn and soybean plots for wildlife, we contribute as well.

Also a large food plot business utilizes insecticides in their seed coating for some of their seeds. Here is a pic of the tag on a bag I got from Pheasants Forever. There are 4 insecticides on this ingredient list based on my research of the terms used.

I'm not sure I'm going to use it now. I have 3 acres of beans and an acre of corn seed already for this season. I believe next year I will be more selective on seed choices.

Attachments

• seed coating.jpg
    seed coating.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 70
If someone bought rec ground, wants to cash flow it by renting out tillable, bet they are asking that party to plant a food plot when the planter is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom