Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

% SHED? Updated…

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking through some pics this weekend…. I’m actually thinking just over 50% have shed on me. This is southern part of state. Not over populated & still is nutrition & food sources for deer - so they are NOT stressed from those factors.
What u seeing?

I was looking through some pics this weekend…. I’m actually thinking just over 50% have shed on me. This is southern part of state. Not over populated & still is nutrition & food sources for deer - so they are NOT stressed from those factors.
What u seeing?
Same as my guess from cams and seeing deer with and without antlers. Changed a bunch in a week.

No more than 50% shed in Mid MO. Still quite a few carrying here.. Walked 5 acre field last weekend. No dice.

Last edited:
...also found 0 in and around standing beans today (Polk County). So far I've only had pics of one or two shed bucks in Ringgold.

Best guess based on cameras is still well over 50% holding - lots of bucks with horns on cam every day yet.

I would say less than 40% shed in our area of Iowa. Honestly it seems like there was a handful that shed early, end of Dec early Jan and not a whole lot sense then. Hopefully a good indicator of herd health and this mild weather stretch continues!

According to my cams on two different properties hardly any bucks haves shed yet. Just this weekend I got a pic of a half rack and one fully shed. I get pics daily of several bucks with both sides. Just yesterday over corn/alfalfa probably 7-8 different bucks with both sides, one shed buck.

I havent seen a buck in weeks, my buddy hasnt either... today at noon he gets pictures of 3 hammers still carrying up in NC Iowa...

I covered nearly all of my 60 acre piece in Jefferson county this weekend ( Feb 11 & 12 ) and found zero sheds. Did find a dead head. I sure hope most are still holding !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found 4 Sunday and all had been chewed on and they haven't been on the ground for more than a week as they are on my camera check atv trail. I have seen alot of shed bucks on camera and scouting but I finally saw a half rack yesterday.

Top Bottom