Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ShoutOut to IowaWhitetail by Working Class Bowhunters Podcast

gunrunr

Life Member
Very Nice shoutout to IowaWhiteTail forum from Working Class Bowhunter Podcast
Fairly early in episode 429 (15:40)
They mention DoubleTree Corner, Saskguy, and my shop as early whitetail knowledge source.
Have had several people mention it to me so thought i would share

2021-02-11 12.43.59.jpg

Listening now. I haven’t listened to them before but this is great. So far i like it!!!

So I was pulling farm equipment in truck today. Stuff I had to go SLOW with. So- caught whole thing. Few take aways from 1st time listener....
Raw & real. I like the honesty.

like their views & debates ... like the “hunting on fence lines”. Or negatives & positives on this industry.

I have no idea what this “duck hunting industry” is like ;). Or a lot of these other “Celebs”. All that was new to me and dang I don’t keep up with stuff.

hes spot on with how dbltree is a legend.

really good show the whole way through. Clearly not kid friendly & they let u know that. My 1st impression- overall, job well done.

Interesting.......he said in the off season there is a lot of in fighting on this site. Of the sites I go to this one is by far the least confrontational. But yeah between Skip and Dbltree my learning curve was reduced by 80%.

Oh ya!!!! Those were 2 minor things I wish I could have corrected (no biggy).... in-fighting... I mean - eah- we get a lil but it’s really pretty minor- I think we do dang good job at it to be honest & when someone is being a wanker- gets called out pretty fast. Love good debate but this is pry the least “petty” & “drama” of any place out there.

2nd minor correction .... he said something like “big companies controlling IW now” or something along those lines. That’s not right either. We do some partner ups where it’s a “win win” but for sure no one pulling the strings but the members/users.

both very minor & just mentioning.

They did a great job even bringing back my memories of this site when I found it back in maybe 2004-ish. The legend, my friend Dbltree & a guy that reached so many (& still does)..... if I had one single mission with this site- would be to carry on his legacy.

Paul came and spent a couple days at my house and walked a couple of farms we owned in Nebraska at the time. What a wealth of knowledge, what a gentleman. Time incredibly well-spent. Wish I had video taped our time together.

Paul came and spent a couple days at my house and walked a couple of farms we owned in Nebraska at the time. What a wealth of knowledge, what a gentleman. Time incredibly well-spent. Wish I had video taped our time together.
Smartest habitat guy I’ve ever met. & brilliant beyond that!!! Was my mentor when I was a dumb 20-something year old. Ended up working with him & doing projects together. Wisdom was insane.

& how often, as a 20-something year old naive new land owner.... an issue would come up ... like deer drama or how much work there was to be done, maybe some negative parts of the hunting world..... Paul/Dbltree was so grounded & how many times it still resonates “Skip, it’s a stupid deer. Focus on your family. This life is short. Farms are great but still just “things”. Go spend time on the important things in life.” Impacted my life forever & countless others.

Ive been listening to them for a coupe years now...I do enjoy the "rawness" of them as they talk and act alot like i do....After I listened to that episode I went onto their Facebook page and posted the IW website on that episodes post.

It would be interesting to see if the "guest" traffic has picked up here since that episode was released...

Oh ya!!!! Those were 2 minor things I wish I could have corrected (no biggy).... in-fighting... I mean - eah- we get a lil but it’s really pretty minor- I think we do dang good job at it to be honest & when someone is being a wanker- gets called out pretty fast. Love good debate but this is pry the least “petty” & “drama” of any place out there.

I've never noticed much 'fighting' on here. I have noticed that there is way way way less drama and bickering than any other site I have been to or watched. This is the only one that I come back to time and time again, mainly because its local to me (iowa). I guess what I have often times seen as a good solid debate that usual stays cordial and not tearing each other down someone else could see as fighting?

I do feel bad for Loneranger, everyone jumps on him. Cut the guy a break.

Great props given to IW for sure, so credit where credit is due. The working class guys seem legit and I follow a couple of them on social media.
Wish I could get back the last 1.5 hrs of my life I spent listening to the rest of the podcast though, never heard of the MHGA guy, so hard for me to really care what he thinks.

Great props given to IW for sure, so credit where credit is due. The working class guys seem legit and I follow a couple of them on social media.
Wish I could get back the last 1.5 hrs of my life I spent listening to the rest of the podcast though, never heard of the MHGA guy, so hard for me to really care what he thinks.
Hes either a like him or hate him. He rags on alot of people and companies but rightfully so in many instances. People posting dumb stuff that fuel the antis or the people in the middle. Case in point he pointed out one picture on Instagram that was in bad taste. Many defended the poster and next thing ya know its all over NatureisMetal which has over 2 million followers and other sites saying "I'm not anti hunting but this is wrong" then its picked up by the antis and now they're trying to outlaw coyote hunting contests.

I'm with you on that. Didn't hate the guy (or even close), but after they talked about IW, I lost interest. Seemed like a highschool conversation about who so and so knew, etc. Just didn't care and found another podcast to listen to. Also didn't think there was a lot of fighting here, even in the off season. I do see some, but most is due to a troll or two showing up asking for it. I like this place because there isn't that garbage and I learn a lot about hunting and everything Doubletree posted.
Probably not a bad show, but I only gave it a few minutes and moved on.

The fighting they refer to is likely the non-resident landowner tag discussions........
That’s no fight!!! We don’t let non-residents on here!!!!! Don’t want em in our state or on our site!!! :p:D;)o_O:p Kidding. Ya - that’s maybe the worst of em. & I think the folks who argue know - that’s a hot issue for most. & I’d say in all fairness- most NR’s don’t want things changed. The ones that do - they expect an argument. Which is all good & fine. Debate is great. Being a dbag on here just cause ur an idiot- no thanks. & we don’t have very many or any of those folks really.

Top Bottom