Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Slick Trick

patch86

Wel its a little early to start thinking about it but i wasnt very impressed with my broadheads last season and am kinda starting to research what im gonna switch too. Really leaning toward slick trick magnums. Any reviews or words of wisdom by anyone that has used them. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas....

I've shot several deer with them and they are solid heads for sure. They fly true, they leave pretty good blood trails, and they are nearly indestructible. I don't see myself using any other fixed blade head.

Agree with what Dgorman says. I have shot them since 2009 and shot one intact through a bison rib-was still good, many whitetails and other game with zero failures.

I try all kinds of BH each year but I seem to always return to the tricks. You wont be disappointed. The mags and standard are still the best IMO, but the razortricks are close behind.

I have been looking for a fixed blade to take out west. Tried the ST mags first. I picked up a pack during lunch and could not wait to get home to my broad head target. The head pictured below went through 20 inches of compressed stretch wrap, that has never failed to stop a field point, and hit the block wall behind. Granted, it may have found a soft spot. The arrow was trash but the head was fine after a little touch up with a file. They are tough and have been flying with my FP out to 50 yards, the farthest I have tried so far. I have not shot a animal with one yet. Plan on getting some standards for elk.

I've shot them for a few years now. Super easy to tune. I have used them on 3 different bows with very little tuning or sighting in when switching from field pts. They have done well on a couple deer and hogs as well.

Don't let the size fool ya!! Couple years ago I shot a nice buck(154-ish) at 35 yards and he went about sixty after that! :D This year I decided to try them on turkeys! If you dig up the Cinco De Mayo post on the longbeard forum and watch the video you can see how that worked!! I use the Magnum !! My thoughts!!!!!!!!:way::way::way::way::way:

i shot slick tricks this past year from my crossbow. every deer i shot with them only ran up to 50 yards... one ran about 10 steps and laid down. great broadhead

I have heard alot of guys around my area worry about the "size" of the ST, but it is important to remember that hemorrhage kills, not wound size.

What I mean by that is the 4 blades on a trick are as sharp as anything on the market, probably the sharpest. This ensure every capillary is severed in its path and therefore blood can't travel from A to B (artery to vein).

While some holes look bigger, they can simply "push" flesh around and not necessarily sever as many capillaries.That is why I truly believe these sharp "smaller" heads are causing animals to die so fast, versus, 'I cant believe he ran that far."

So many other factors play into it, but I have seen deer run 20 yards and just tip over with these tricks, not to mention a bullet hole type of wound, that is very difficult to close vs a 3 or 2 blade. Good heads.

Have used them exclusively almost since they first came out. They fly true, cut a devastating path and to date haven't lost a deer using them. You won't be disapointed.

I wish I had a better pic of this hole cause you could have dropped a baseball right into it. Don't let the small size of tricks fool ya. I've been shooting them for several years because I haven't found anything better. They are nasty devils.

jjjjjjjj.jpg

A buddy of mine dropped a 330" class bull elk with ST Magnums last year. I was considering switching to STs until another buddy talked me into Grim Reapers. I don't think you will be disappointed with STs!

I have tried several different fixed blades over the last 7 years. I started shooting slick trick magnums 3 years ago and will not be shooting anything else anytime soon. I have not lost an animal since I switched to them. Since they are not a cut on contact broadhead, the tip really stretches the skin before it punches through. The cut that it opens up is much larger than the actual diameter of the blades. I have seen this on every deer I have shot with them. I always have a good blood trail and I NEVER re-use the blades once they have been shot, they won't cut hot butter after they have been used once. I'm sure they could be resharpened, but replacement blades are cheap.

The 1st deer I shot w/ a Slick Trick was hit square in the rib. I couldn't have hit that rib any better if I tried. The broadhead stayed together & the buck died shortly after. The only thing damaged was 2 of the blades were dull as could be. I've been shooting the mags since.

I tried them on my last doe of the season. Perfect shot but wasn't impressed with small hole or spotty bloodtrail - she did not go far though. I hate to let 1 experience be my judge and I'm on the fence about whether to stay with them. I was a previously devoted snuffer user but they have gotten too $$.

Top Bottom