Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smokless ml build? /suggestions.

WTF- most of the avid participants on this sight are dead set against centerfire rifles in Iowa and then most of you build 600 yard muzzleloaders. If you need a 600 yard gun in Iowa you are a piss poor deer hunter. I think the state should go to no scopes on muzzleloaders like a few of the western states. It is after all a primitive weapon season and maybe it would eliminate some of the road hunting which I know happens with these long range guns.
I tend to agree somewhat. When I went to a smokeless ML, I got caught up in the craze of long range loads. Soon decided I wanted an easy shooting (mild recoil yet accurate) 100 yard load, as that is where I take most of my shots. I don't spend enough range time to try to take a 300+ yard shot on a deer. And I like the setting up in a spot where one isn't going to be tempted for such distances. In regards to center fire rifles, most have a multiple cartridge capacity. With the ML, you get one shot, better make it count.

Last year during LM I was hunting a cut bean field and was 300 yards from the road. I was watching a group of deer when a pickup pulled up and shot from the road. It definitely was a muzzleloader shot with no smoke. I immediately called the CO who lives 2 miles away and sprinted to my truck to try and catch him. Fortunately I never found the truck otherwise I would be typing this from prison.

Last year during LM I was hunting a cut bean field and was 300 yards from the road. I was watching a group of deer when a pickup pulled up and shot from the road. It definitely was a muzzleloader shot with no smoke. I immediately called the CO who lives 2 miles away and sprinted to my truck to try and catch him. Fortunately I never found the truck otherwise I would be typing this from prison.
Did he kill the deer?
Just how could you tell it was a muzzleloader?
I think we should ban all guns because they commit crimes.

I have a rem 700 ml. And am thinking of having a smokless built out of this gun ? Any thoughts on cost of something like this . Also any suggestions on a builder ? Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I just a had a smokeless 45 cal Muzzleloader built. It was built of a Rem 700 body
I can get you more info if you like.
This thing brings it!!!

Checkout the pics

Attachments

• 5C7E45C5-C3CD-45B2-8434-F7419980867A.jpeg
    5C7E45C5-C3CD-45B2-8434-F7419980867A.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 6C68B67B-0F7F-489B-8C4C-45F134898BA4.jpeg
    6C68B67B-0F7F-489B-8C4C-45F134898BA4.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 291
  • B5EDFFE9-2949-4B02-BD68-315266E59540.jpeg
    B5EDFFE9-2949-4B02-BD68-315266E59540.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 299
Ya- I’ll admit - I do probably lean towards the side of the last bunch of comments. & I do feel a touch hypocritical & may as well call a spade a spade. Clearly I’m against rifles in iowa- no frigin doubt.
here’s honest to goodness truth why I got mine This is not an excuse or defending it... just why....
I’ve never killed a big deer with gun or ML. Ever. Always with bow. With ML or gun season, most my shots are 50-100 yards. I got sick of my TC having: 1) cleaning issues, pain in butt, even with buckhorn. Hated it. 2) misfire on occasion even when I was anal. 3) smoke after shot. Never could see a thing.

that’s why I just did “upgrade”. It’s interesting to know or think I can shoot 300 but not what went through brain when buying. I’ve shot a pile of does with it since owning & likely all that will be in its future. Overkill for a doe gun ;). Now one goes “mine can do 300, be cool to have one that shoots 400!” And I never will buy one or shoot that far. But yes, I will admit - I see merits to above comments in certain regards or worthy of consideration.

I just a had a smokeless 45 cal Muzzleloader built. It was built of a Rem 700 body
I can get you more info if you like.
This thing brings it!!!

Checkout the pics
Nice gun! Love the stock. You did ruin it with a bolt on the wrong side though.

Nice gun! Love the stock. You did ruin it with a bolt on the wrong side though.
You should see this guy, left handed freaky looking dude, bad. His freak left hand is only beginning of his issues, this is him....
LONE WOLF PROFILE PIC.jpg

02567863b991b2d66358e5a1a61d9a82.jpg

Here’s my Smokeless muzzleloader . 350 pistol . Large crew around here running them like shotgun season. It’s like everyone said years ago to not let straight walls in....... can’t beat em join em ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys sorry I was mia for awhile having issues with website and then had to shit can and reload taptalk. Now seems to be working!!!! I decided on a different route. I found a cva accura v2 with 30 in barrel and 45 cal for $430 shipped to my house!!! Put a leupold 3x9 on it. Shooting the new powerbelt elr bullets with blackhorn 209 and its money!!! Certain death out to 250 plus! (Can't shoot any further on my farm) ! Ended up not needing this yr!!! Bought gun2 tag instead with snow and cold weather and worked out perfectly!!! Look for that in harvest section!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

andy, you do know, according to the iowa dnr, you cannot shoulder that 350? with that scope on there, you will get alot of questions if you're stopped

andy, you do know, according to the iowa dnr, you cannot shoulder that 350? with that scope on there, you will get alot of questions if you're stopp

andy, you do know, according to the iowa dnr, you cannot shoulder that 350? with that scope on there, you will get alot of questions if you're stopped
Geeze the regulations on guns for deer have gotten incredibly confusing. I remember when it was simple, shotgun only.

Where in the regs does it say you cannot shoulder it ? Or are you talking ATF regulations ? For the record not hunting muzzleloader with it anyway - but I know a band of hunters that are . They all have them .
260c1e57764ac77a70561b84206d4924.jpg

Where in the regs does it say you cannot shoulder it ? Or are you talking ATF regulations ? For the record not hunting muzzleloader with it anyway - but I know a band of hunters that are . They all have them .
260c1e57764ac77a70561b84206d4924.jpg

The “no shouldering” laws mainly refer to ATF rules about SBR’s. If you shoulder a pistol it then becomes an SBR - and you cannot hunt with “rifles” during late muzzy season. It’s kind of a read between the lines rule. But I have talked to several county officers and they have all confirmed that taking a deer by shouldering an AR pistol during late muzzy is illegal.

From what I understand, as long as you have the paperwork for SBR’s it IS legal to shoulder it during a shotgun season. Goofy laws and gray areas but in the end it’s really up to the CO and if thats the case I would err on the side of caution.

Checked into getting my 700ml converted this summer. $4000. You might as well buy a turn key from Luke or Jeff . Or a Encore barrel like Luke has or if you have a Scout send it to Jeff and have him convert it. I have 2 Scout conversions and they are legit 350 yard shooters .

Luke built my 700 SML many years ago. It is insanely accurate. I love not having to clean it and I simply can’t imagine not hunting with it. FWIW, my longest shot is probably 150 yards lol.

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Top Bottom