Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spraying Trees- Crossbow/Diesel?

What do you guys use to kill tree/sprouts in CRP?

Based on Crossbow label ive read around 5-6 oz chemical per gallon of water.
45 gallon tank on my sxs sprayer.

Heard of folks dumping in some diesel fuel also. If so how much?

Thanks

What do you guys use to kill tree/sprouts in CRP?

Based on Crossbow label ive read around 5-6 oz chemical per gallon of water.
45 gallon tank on my sxs sprayer.

Heard of folks dumping in some diesel fuel also. If so how much?

Thanks
what kind of trees?

Ive had great success with basal bark applications using 3 parts diesel to one part Remedy/Garlon (same thing) on pesky locust trees.

A hot fire next spring would do it too.

CRP farm I bought this year was LOADED with 4 year old cedar trees... fire took them all out. That was a few years away from being a disaster without a fire.

Ive got a lot of Cottonwoods, Willows and random trees in my CRP. Ive tried mowing in the spring, seems like they come on faster. So this year, i burnt it all. Now i have a bunch of 5 to 10 foot sticks out there. Next to 75 percent of them, a new sprout has started-killed the tree but not the roots. Besides treating each one at the stump, id also like to know if theres a spray that will kill these trees without killing the grasses and forbs?
One thought i had, they are going to allow haying of crp in my area this year because of drought. Might hay it. All of the trees energy is above ground in the summer. Cut it now, may have a harder time coming back. At least id start them fresh again.
Anyone try mowing later in the year?

what kind of trees?

Ive had great success with basal bark applications using 3 parts diesel to one part Remedy/Garlon (same thing) on pesky locust trees.

A hot fire next spring would do it too.

CRP farm I bought this year was LOADED with 4 year old cedar trees... fire took them all out. That was a few years away from being a disaster without a fire.

Locusts, autumn olive, misc oak etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already burned it this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was the timing tho? Big difference in results in dormant fire vs. Growing season fire.

You can do foliar spray with garlon/remedy as well once things leaf out.

I wouldn't be spraying diesel unless it's basal bark application which is tree by tree meticulous

Top Bottom