Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Standing corn

nemohunter

Anybody else dealing with a lot of standing corn in their area, been tough hunting to say the least. Hoping it comes out very soon.

My best stand right now is surrounded by it however I think it is actually helping me vs hurt- I have seen multiple mature bruisers come out of the corn where they were staying in small tree patches that once the corn is out- wouldn't be there. So right now- first time I am ever saying this- but I hope it stays in for me until after this weekend

I will deal with it all year. The farmer who rents the land bordering our's works west to east this piece is his last piece to the east. Corn years are always hard hunting. I did get permission to hunt on them and yesterday had lots of action. A really nice 140s 10pt came out, heck of a 3yr old. Didn't see anything mature though and didn't have anything respond to calls. Would be out today, but home with my son who is sick.

Do u have any scrapes along your corn? If so put some active scrape out over and existing one or make a mock scrape...l

Do u have any scrapes along your corn? If so put some active scrape out over and existing one or make a mock scrape...l

I agree with this- there are a crazy amount of scrapes along the entire length of the corn field for me- and they are actively being hit - my decoy will be just off the corn here soon

I agree with this- there are a crazy amount of scrapes along the entire length of the corn field for me- and they are actively being hit - my decoy will be just off the corn here soon
There is a ton of sign in between the woods and corn but I have so much area where the corn and woods meet because of how the timber lays that it's hard to know where to be. I have another farm a bit north of this one without any crops and been seeing good deer but been hunting it a fair amount and wanted to give it a rest. My vacation is next week so hopefully things pick up even more, corn or no corn I'll be in a stand all day.

Top Bottom