Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

State auction

Mike311

If you receive the IA DNR emails they sent out an email a couple weeks back about the confiscation auction and that it was being held in Omaha and operated by a Nebraska auctioneer. Seemed odd to me so I shot a text off to the listed phone number to inquire as to why. Response was very quick and was a good explanation. The representative was very nice and explained it was a bid process and that’s who had won the bid. I shared my thought that it should be an Iowa company that is the auctioneers and it should be held in Iowa in the future. Sounds like a lot of folks and maybe someone with some clout had the same feeling and let them know as it looks like they’ve at least changed the location. I’m not sure on the auctioneer side of it though.

If you receive the IA DNR emails they sent out an email a couple weeks back about the confiscation auction and that it was being held in Omaha and operated by a Nebraska auctioneer. Seemed odd to me so I shot a text off to the listed phone number to inquire as to why. Response was very quick and was a good explanation. The representative was very nice and explained it was a bid process and that’s who had won the bid. I shared my thought that it should be an Iowa company that is the auctioneers and it should be held in Iowa in the future. Sounds like a lot of folks and maybe someone with some clout had the same feeling and let them know as it looks like they’ve at least changed the location. I’m not sure on the auctioneer side of it though.
Simon Conway was talking about it on WHO and WMT. He was talking about how ridiculous it was to have it in another state. I think he helped get somebody's attention. The day after he talked about it on the radio, it was changed.

That’s right I’d listened to his show also that day and dang if could remember where and who....

Agree. Stupid. Might as well let folks in Canada & Mexico - or China - bid on it! Could have the auction in Beijing.
Could put in bid criteria “auction to take place in Des Moines” & that would take care of that.

like skip said. Competitive bids from in or out of state companies is fine by me, but for God's sake have it in Des Moines.

They heard the complaints and have moved it back to the Iowa State Fairgrounds. But we still need a auction company from Iowa to do this next year.

Top Bottom