Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Steel Force Broadheads

muddy

Anybody out there tried or using these broadheads?? I see that on the Primos videos this is the only 'head that they use and after looking into them a bit I'm seriously considering switching from my choice of braodheads for the past 15 years (Muzzy) to them. Just wanted to know if anyone has problems with them. Also what is your set up you're using with them?? Bow, poundage, carbon or aluminum, feather or vane and length associated with them. Any other info would be apreciated also. I know I've been an advocator of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but these broadheads cut huge holes and the titanium ones offer larger holes for less grains and not to mention cut on impact. Thanks people.

muddy, i have been testing steel force broadheads all summer. ihave been shooting expandables for 5 or 6 years now. however in 2004 i am doing an alaska moose/grizzly hunt so i went searching for a cut on contact head. i bought a pack of the 4 blade sabertooth 100 gr. heads. i am shooting a hoyt cybertec 68 lbs 29 in draw. 275 fps, with an easton acc-360, 4 inch vanes. this is not the recomended set up for these heads. they say a 5in feather is best. anyway i am shooting out to 50 yards with little to no difference from field point to broadheads. granted my bow is tuned properly so my arrows look like darts leaving the bow. my advice buy them!!!! practice with one, kill stuff with the others.

I have used the steeleforce BH's and the muzzy's as well. The steelforce generally flew pretty well and they seem to be constructed pretty well too (although I have heard of several people experiencing tip roll over on the steelforce).

I shot some hogs with them and got pass thrus but didn't recover the hogs. Not much blood trail (which can happen with any type of BH). I generally use Mech BH's, but if I need conventional, I like Muzzy and Magnus better than Steelforce. If you use muzzy's now and have no problems with them, I'd stay with the muzzy's.

JMO

Jerry

Top Bottom