Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still hunting

Blaster

PMA Member
I was going to try some still hunting today, but I'm not very experienced in this method.Is this a good method to try? The reason i was going to do this, was to scout some new area.
beerchug.gif

i love to still hunt through the timber during late muzzleloader season. yesterday would've been a better day as with the wind it would cover your movement in the leaves. the wind is suppossed to die down this afternoon, i'd hit the treestand if it were me...speakig of that...time to head back out!! good luck.

Still hunting is a great method but it is very important to pick good conditions for it: windy to cover any sounds you may make and wet ground so you are not crunching loudly. I still hunted into the thickest of thick cover yesterday where I would never go on a normal day because it would spoke every deer out of the county but with the wind I was hardly noticed. Don't take a step unless a gust of wind hits and if you're going to move move as if you are a tree swaying in the wind. Also, walk downwind of where you think deer are bedded but have an extra keen eye because where deer can't smell they are looking for danger that much more. I walked to within 15 yards of a bedded buck yesterday. Too bad it was only a fork horns. Good luck!

Top Bottom