Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stretchy Strings

M

mountain man

Any of y'all know how much a string will stretch on a one cam bow. Is there a length of time when you should change one. I've had a Jennings Buckmaster for two years, shoots absolutely great groups. Just wondering.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. =)

If you must tinker try a zebra sting, they're a good string that is pre stretched I believe. There is another brand of string that is pre stretched but they are pricey and I can't remember the name of 'em. I'll look at work and try to find out for ya.

That long string might stretch 3/4" - 1". Most of the stretch will occur in the first 100-200 shots, increasing your draw length and possibly affecting the performance of the cam. All you need to do is put some twists in the string to shorten the string and get the draw length back to where it should be.

If you want to spend the extra $$, some string materials stretch less than others.

I agree that if the string looks OK and the draw length is OK, you can take a chance and leave the old string as is. If the string has stretched but is still in good shape, just twist it up as mentioned. Or, you can just go ahead and put a new string on and remove all doubts about the string's condition.

Top Bottom