Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sugarbeets

Those big square white plastic totes with and aluminum tube cage around them , I just sawzall the top off
e6d746206274ec675f1f68b8af6863c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi guy's. Iam planting some conventional sugar beets this spring. Can anybody tell me where i can order a herbicide called betamix for post spray. Thanks.

I think u gonna have to call several coops & ask em if they will order for u. They can find it if they willing to check with their supplier. Or dig online- I know u can find this.

When we hunted in NW Minnesota, the deer would walk through beans, corn, and volunteer wheat fields to get to the sugar beets. It was amazing to see how attracted they were to sugar beets!

Did you plant some RR Sugarbeets in 2019 Skip? Are they deregulated yet? I am wanting to try some, but dont have the time or equipment to plant them if they're not RR. I cant find a source for them. Thanks!

Did you plant some RR Sugarbeets in 2019 Skip? Are they deregulated yet? I am wanting to try some, but dont have the time or equipment to plant them if they're not RR. I cant find a source for them. Thanks!
I didn’t. I’m a slacker!!!! Several buddies did and turned out really nice. I probably won’t get to em this year with all the crp ive gotta do either :(. Next year!!!

conventional is fine if u get down 2 groups of herbicides (my suggestion). Plus your burn down or post emergent (Gly + ams or whatever u decide). Off top of head... 2 groups of pre emergents.... Betamix (above) is 2 groups- I’m fairly certain (can look up label). Another herbicide is treflan (not sure which group # - probably a group # in betamix if I were to guess). Then it’s control with clethodim & crop oil & possibly a few options for broadleaves.

on RR Sugarbeets..... yes, “farmers” can get it for “ag”. So- if u are in North Dakota for example - u could likely go to coop & pick some up. Are u supposed to be using for “agriculture”? Yes. Can folks buy it? Yes. Are u supposed to use for plots? No. Can u search to buy this & maybe have some shipped? Probably. If u go to jail & do hard prison time for planting it as a plot - it will be embarrassing telling the other inmates what u r in for!?!?! Im sure! ;). You can do some networking, calling, internet digging to see what u can purchase or get shipped. U can read details on current regulations.

So- that’s that - do what makes sense & u have lots of options. Fire back on any results depending what info u dig up and decide on. A good sugarbeet field will likely not disappoint no matter how u get the results. Good luck!

I still haven't been able to find Betamix or Upbeet for conventional sugar beets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I still haven't been able to find Betamix or Upbeet for conventional sugar beets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
If u can’t find it.... there’s a lot of options.

if you find “brand name” herbicides- look up their labels and see what active ingredients are.

your post emergents will be Gly & maybe 2,4-d with delay in planting. Your pre’s are the tricky ones but LOTS of options...

You also have post emergents later. One example is clethodim & crop oil for grass. There’s more options, just need to dig a little.

On pre emergents- at a glance, I do see metolachlor & acetochlor (dual & warrant- can get anywhere). I see “stinger” & “upbeet” as examples. U can buy these things. All of them.

Bottom line is this: u have TONS of post &
Pre emergent options. U need to understand which work best at what time. This is simply a bit of research & then looking for places to buy. Very doable. In a magic world - if u lived in North Dakota, u could go to any coop- walk in & walk out with every herbicide u need for sugar beets. I’m gonna guess 15 mins of reading up &
Digging for options & I bet u find what u want. Lots of combos.

So you can plant these in the spring? Are they attractive to deer Sept 15th - Jan 15th?
Yes. Spring is needed. Long growing season- like corn for example. Long maturity. They love them. Will draw until they are eaten.

Brassicas- Longest maturity to shortest......
Sugar beets
Rutabaga
Turnips
Radish

Top Bottom