Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Super short ax to ax bows

Mike311

I’ve gotten hooked on The Hunting Public show, no subscription to a channel or package needed. Anyway, the hunters like to ground hunt or tree hunt with a saddle. I’m kinda intrigued by the saddle and wonder what a super short bow would add to the set up. So does anyone manufacture a super short bow anymore?

I’d be pretty certain the short bow is needed. IMO. The forgiveness & ability to torque wrist, etc have me a bit spooked on very short bows. Maybe look at the lower spectrum of but not go “super short”?

I have a Mathews VXR 28 and its awesome. Shoots like a much longer bow. The new Mathews V3 27 actually has a longer riser than the 28 and it even more stable

I shoot a Z7 Magnum, which is a 32" axle to axle bow and have no issues shooting out of a saddle. A smaller footprint bow has a ton of upsides when it comes to maneuverability, and would help you if you have to cross over your bridge for a shot, but it's definitely not hard to do with my bow. The super short bows I've shot I didn't care for, some guys love them though, so just try before you buy.

Top Bottom